Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM

12 posts, read 42,428 times

Advertisements

I am a father of two children, ages 12 and 15, and am looking for a suitable place with children their age, culture, a fairly high amount of recreational parks, and an area with a Chabad shul and a JCC in which the synagogue is in walking distance. In Boynton Beach, I would want my 15 year old to go to Park Vista, but I'm not sure this is possible if you would want to walk. In Wellington, I don't know if the children are a high enough age or if their are enough people at the synagogue. If you could offer insight, I would appreciate it. I'm also wondering if Jupiter would be a good option for these criteria? If you know about Jupiter, (which I certanily don't) Please feel free to inform me of the area. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 AM

51 posts, read 356,164 times
Boynton is dangerous and wellington is nice.depend on where you stay in boynton. I stay in cherry hill which is the hood side of bb but give both a try i think boynton would be better when your daughters want to hang but wellington is safer, i mean way safer and closer to west palm which is the main seat of palm beach county. Crime in bb is extremly high. About ten or more homocides have occured since start of this year.also avoid some lake worth, west palm, delray beach, and all of riviera beach, and belle glade.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 AM

10 posts, read 50,305 times
Yeah this one is a no brainer. Wellington for sure. I don't know about the synagogues though, sorry!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 PM

304 posts, read 856,529 times
Boynton beach near Jog road...you'll be fine

Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 AM

10 posts, read 58,959 times
Boynton Beach West of Military and, more specifically, west of Jog is fine.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 AM

10 posts, read 58,959 times
Default West Boynton Beach

There is a Chabad and a JCC within walking distance of Park Vista HS in Boynton. This map shows the Chabad. 10655 El Clair Ranch Road, Boynton Beach, FL - Google Maps

Also, the JCC is on Jog Rd just north of Gateway. My wife and 3 yr old daughter go to the JCC a few times a week.

If you need any help looking for a place in the area, we are both Licensed Realtors.

Todd

Last edited by taky123; 09-04-2008 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: took out web link

Old 09-09-2008, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 21,297 times
Default Greystone by GL Homes?

Can anyone tell me a little more about this development? I see people saying to stay west of Military and Jog, but quite frankly there isn't much that way (although Greystone is).

Where can you go around there for a night out? Dinner, etc.?

Thanks!
Jose

Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 AM

5 posts, read 19,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamio View Post
I am a father of two children, ages 12 and 15, and am looking for a suitable place with children their age, culture, a fairly high amount of recreational parks, and an area with a Chabad shul and a JCC in which the synagogue is in walking distance. In Boynton Beach, I would want my 15 year old to go to Park Vista, but I'm not sure this is possible if you would want to walk. In Wellington, I don't know if the children are a high enough age or if their are enough people at the synagogue. If you could offer insight, I would appreciate it. I'm also wondering if Jupiter would be a good option for these criteria? If you know about Jupiter, (which I certainly don't) Please feel free to inform me of the area. thanks

I've lived in Wellington for over 4 years and love it. I don't live in a gated community because I love to plant tress, and other thing that the association need to approve. The police presence is phenomenal 24/7. My sister bought in Versailles a 10,000 sq. ft home, but she does not like the people in the community, and now the FBI has ferret mortgage fraud on the purchase of a lot of homes, so until the dust settles the equity on home prices will be a moving target if these homes seized will be placed back at rock bottom prices.

Jupiter is very nice, but to clinical. Everything is manicured to perfection and people look like robots, and are status driven.

While on a "trendy" Jupiter restaurant I overhead a lady talking to her friend: her next door neighbor purchased a Rolls Royce Phantom and she was actually driving the car. "I guess she can't afford a chauffeur" she relayed to her friend, and later she gets into a Toyota Camry. I guess her budget did not allowed to afford a Rolls, instead of being happy for someone that can purchase and enjoy a car, she was bitter. And status symbol is how the judge you in many communities. That's why I love Wellington. You can drive a Ferrari, or a Jeep and people treat you the same. And most residents are happy with their apprarance, I've seen a lot of plastic surgeries on women that look awful.

And in Palm Beach there is enough Botox injected on some of the wealthy resident to paralyze lower Manhattan.

Last edited by NIKILOSADA; 09-20-2008 at 04:36 AM..

Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 PM

46 posts, read 166,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Can anyone tell me a little more about this development? I see people saying to stay west of Military and Jog, but quite frankly there isn't much that way (although Greystone is).

Where can you go around there for a night out? Dinner, etc.?

Thanks!
Jose
I currently live in GreyStone with my husband and two little girls (ages 3 and 5). It is a great family community with just about every house having at least one child. It seems like most of the parents of preschoolers send them to the JCC or Chabbad for preschool so you shouldn't have a problem making some contacts or getting info on what's close by as far as that's concerned.

As far as going out to dinner, there are tons of restaurants on Congress north of Boynton Beach Blvd., you could drive up to Wellington wherethere are lots of places to eat or you could go to Atlantic Ave. There's no shortage of places to go out to eat.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 PM

19 posts, read 95,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKILOSADA View Post
I've lived in Wellington for over 4 years and love it. I don't live in a gated community because I love to plant tress, and other thing that the association need to approve. The police presence is phenomenal 24/7. My sister bought in Versailles a 10,000 sq. ft home, but she does not like the people in the community, and now the FBI has ferret mortgage fraud on the purchase of a lot of homes, so until the dust settles the equity on home prices will be a moving target if these homes seized will be placed back at rock bottom prices.

Jupiter is very nice, but to clinical. Everything is manicured to perfection and people look like robots, and are status driven.

While on a "trendy" Jupiter restaurant I overhead a lady talking to her friend: her next door neighbor purchased a Rolls Royce Phantom and she was actually driving the car. "I guess she can't afford a chauffeur" she relayed to her friend, and later she gets into a Toyota Camry. I guess her budget did not allowed to afford a Rolls, instead of being happy for someone that can purchase and enjoy a car, she was bitter. And status symbol is how the judge you in many communities. That's why I love Wellington. You can drive a Ferrari, or a Jeep and people treat you the same. And most residents are happy with their apprarance, I've seen a lot of plastic surgeries on women that look awful.

And in Palm Beach there is enough Botox injected on some of the wealthy resident to paralyze lower Manhattan.
This is the best post I've ever seen!!! I just moved to Versailles (Wellington) 2 months ago and really like it. Hard to meet people, but most people in Wellington are extremely nice acting!! Our son loves his elementary school and our toddler loves the mall fruit!! Nikilosada is right, people seem happy with themselves here....not snobby or entitled!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach