Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 AM

64 posts, read 176,752 times

Advertisements

*scared

Old 11-30-2008, 09:08 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post
If you really want to prove you aren't scared of anything, next time you are down here, take a walk down Tamarind Avenue at 3AM on a Saturday. Or 5th and B in Belle Glade. When you do that, I'll believe you. Until then, anybody behind a keyboard can feign courage.
The question remains: WHY? WHY walk down Tamarind at 3AM? Is there ANY reason to be down there at that time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9
How do I determine the relationship? Lets see. Go into Dunkin Donuts and and find a geriatric with a shotgun wound to the face. Probably innocent. Nah, I'm too much of an optimist. They are probably the kingpin of the SanCastle Soldiers running drugs and arms. You know, sometimes you just have to use a little common sense.
Ironic considering the fact that you seem to think random acts of violence are peculiar to the South Florida region. Seems to me I could be on a Subway in Tokyo, with one of the lowest crime rates in the world, and STILL get gassed to death by a creepy cultist in a random act of violence. Or, I could be shopping in a Chicago subburb and get shot up in a mall.

Is City-Data full of shut-ins?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 AM

He says he's not scared. Prove it.

And BTW, I know that Charlton Heston is dead. That was sarcastic, not factual.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
He says he's not scared. Prove it.

And BTW, I know that Charlton Heston is dead. That was sarcastic, not factual.

Look, I'm not scared of violence at 3AM on Tamarind either.... but it's not because violence doesn't scare me, but because I don't go to Tamarind Avenue at 3AM.

It's akin to being scared of sharks when you don't go in the water at the beach.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,150,747 times
Quote:
The Second Amendment . . .
You can be anti-gun ownership if you like or be in favor of banning particular kinds of weapons. I'm not in favor of banning many weapons.
Quote:
Yeah, of course you don't find it scary. You don't have to deal with it. They say to be the most sacred of the people who say they aren't scared of anything. From your posts, I assume that unlike the rest of us mere mortals, you are bulletproof. You sir, are one bad hombre. hahahahaha
You're also welcome to be scared of anything you'd like to be scared of. <shrugs>
Quote:
If you really want to prove you aren't scared of anything,
That bears no resemblance to what I actually said. Your record with respect to accurate reporting is not in danger of changing.
Quote:
next time you are down here, take a walk down Tamarind Avenue at 3AM on a Saturday. Or 5th and B in Belle Glade.
Tamarind I've walked down in the middle of the night on weekends. My point isn't that it requires some unusual amount of courage, but just the opposite.
Quote:
Go into Dunkin Donuts and and find a geriatric with a shotgun wound to the face. Probably innocent.
Okay, what I'm asking for is how you're determining your "probably".
Quote:
You know, sometimes you just have to use a little common sense.
If someone else said, "This person probably has a connection to the perp--it's just common sense." Then what do we do?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The question remains: WHY? WHY walk down Tamarind at 3AM? Is there ANY reason to be down there at that time?
The times that I've done it are because I was staying with good friends who lived there and we were out late. A number of very close friends have lived in that neighborhood, although they're all living elsewhere now, even if family members are still in that neighborhood, in the same homes in some cases.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's akin to being scared of sharks when you don't go in the water at the beach.
Whereas my angle is that you shouldn't be scared of that even if you do go swimming in the ocean. It's not that sharks never attack anyone, but the likelihood of you being attacked is very slim, especially if you take two minutes to educate yourself about a couple things to avoid that would increase your chances of being attacked (even though the chances overall would still be slim).

I'm sure you go outside occasionally when there are storms not too far away--it's very difficult to avoid that in Florida especially. Yet, you're probably not very frightened of being struck by lightning. Even though it could possibly happen. It's just that you have very little chance of being hit by lightning.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I find very little scary. I'm the wrong person to appeal to for that.

Right. So it seems to me that means you're not scared of much Charlton. Hence why I said that.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Right then. Apparently you can argue anything, so prove this wrong. "This morning, the sun rose in the east and tonight it will set in the west.

It makes sense now. You probably shouldn't argue violence with a violence-propagating gun zealot who is in favor of teenagers owning AK47s. My opinion that is.

Meanwhile, I'll keep taking care of people and you continue to live in your fantasy world in Jersey wearing rose-colored glasses. My diagnosis: Cranial-Rectal Inversion.

It's been fun.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Right. So it seems to me that means you're not scared of much Charlton. Hence why I said that.
Imagine that there are a few hostages left alive after a prolonged standoff.

Now, one reporter says, "There are no hostages left alive."

And the other says, "There are (only) a few hostages left alive."

Is there a difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach