Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

West Palm Beach, potential relocation from Houston, gas prices, average auto insurance rates, property prices, gated communities, rental costs, hurricane season, taxes and insurance

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:42 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I will search in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and areas north of Jupiter.
If you do not mind a slightly more "rural" neighborhood, and do not just want to live as close as possible to the beach (which will also make your homeowners insurance more), make sure you also search in the "western communities": the Acreage, Loxahatchee, Jupiter Farms, etc. They'd be an easy commute for you, and you can get a lot more house and property for your money. You might also want to look north of Jupiter in Martin County. You can get even more for your money in St. Lucie county, but most folks wouldn't want to commute that far, although to northern Palm Beach County, the commute from St. Lucie County doesn't have near the traffic volume as if you live to the south instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 04:13 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
thanks for the help so far. I guess when I get down there next week, I will search in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter and areas north of Jupiter. I know Boca Raton is pretty much high rent district, and my potential job is in the northern portion of Palm Beach County, so I do not want to navigate traffic north on 95 in the morning and south on 95 in the evening. Additionally, I dont think I could afford anything in Boca anyway...Ive seen listings on rent.com and realtor.com and the prices for some of the properties are just outrageous!

One more thing that really concerns my wife and I are the unemployment numbers coming out of the Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Boyton Beach area that we read about on the Department of Labor
s website

Metropolitan Area Employment and Unemployment Summary)

job losses have taken a turn for the worst there and in Miami/Ft Lauderdale as well, so it appears that the entire southern atlantic coast of Florida is enduring record unemployment.....that is a serious cause for concern. I will take my trip down there next week, but unless we really feel confident about our chances there, I may just stay here in Houston.
You're welcome, I think you will like Palm Beach Gardens, but it's also an expensive area. I don't work in Florida, so I can't help you there, sorry. If anything, hopefully it will at least be a nice mini vacation lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach