Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5* View Post
it is really disappointing that the banks would rather just keep the houses and make zero instead of selling to people who can actually afford them (unlike the people who were underwritten for the initial loan when they weren't qualified or gotten a crappy ARM and have now started to face foreclosure.) banks are going bankrupt left and right, and numerous people are losing their jobs. the economy is going down the toilet more and more on a daily basis. are these banks just tired of giving out credit or are they just not paying any attention and do not care?

They are afraid to give out more money but doesn't make sense because now they have all these houses sitting and not making them any thing. I don't understand it. Short sales are almost impossible to close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 08:42 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
I have another Short Sale success story this morning. Friends of mine that put in an offer back in December on a Short Sale in WPB have been told that the bank accepted the offer.

So, I guess it IS happening, but it takes patience.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Very exciting! I'm not in WPB, I'm up in Palm Coast. We made an offer in Nov. on a short sale and the owner accepted w/o counter. Our realtor thinks we might hear from the bank this week and our fingers are crossed. Hopefully I will be able to post back with some good news to encourage others too that this can work.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I have another Short Sale success story this morning. Friends of mine that put in an offer back in December on a Short Sale in WPB have been told that the bank accepted the offer.

So, I guess it IS happening, but it takes patience.
Great! I am glad they are finally willing to deal.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Not trying to hijack this thread, but just wanted to let you know that our offer was accepted today by the bank! No counter-offer. Woo Hoo!!!!! I think it took about 8wks to get a response. I'll let you know when we close, but so far, it looks good.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread, but just wanted to let you know that our offer was accepted today by the bank! No counter-offer. Woo Hoo!!!!! I think it took about 8wks to get a response. I'll let you know when we close, but so far, it looks good.
Excellent!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,513 times
We are looking at a short sale in Sun Valley also, could you tell me what your address is? I am just trying to see what the listing prices vs. the sales prices on short sales are in that area before we make our offer.... Love it if you could offer any help!
Thanks so much!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna8161 View Post
We are looking at a short sale in Sun Valley also, could you tell me what your address is? I am just trying to see what the listing prices vs. the sales prices on short sales are in that area before we make our offer.... Love it if you could offer any help!
Thanks so much!
The one with the pool? Or that townhome?
They're both listed pretty well, I know that townhome needs a lot of work though, if that's the one you are looking at.
If you want to see the comps feel free to contact me my office is right down the road. If you have a realtor though they should have pulled all that up for you.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:07 PM

89 posts, read 294,074 times
I sent you a message. I also have a great realtor that i worked with. Sun Valley is a great community with low HOA fees which to me, makes it a great plus. Contact me if you need any other info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach