Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2006, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 12,643 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm moving to Palm Beach County at the end of the month and don't know where to begin my search. I did a search for Palm Beach County on this board and read some informative stuff about the area, but pretty much all of the posts are from people with families...

I, however, am in my late 20's, single (with boyfriend), professional (but hates the 9-5 grind). So I'm looking for an area which has a lot of single people or young couples and families.

I'm looking for an area to live in that:
1) single people or young couples are plentiful. Of course there will be families and the likes, but I want to fit in too.
2) has bars, restaurants, shopping all in walking distance and with sidewalks. I have a car but sometimes you just want to walk and got to walk the dog occassionally.
3) is vibrant and diverse socioecomomically and culturally. For example, gay-friendly (I'm not gay but I don't want to live around close-minded folks), trendy, indie-smindy with hipsters, artists, musicians, professionals, and etc....All kinds of people, but people with some kind of income because I'm not into living in poverty.
4) is safe so that I don't feel like I'm about to get mugged when I get out of the car.
5) is only about 30 minutes away from near the airport. My new job is in West Palm Beach and that's as much of a commute that I can handle.
6) is within 30 minutes of the beach.
7) is characterized by houses, apartments, condos, etc...that are older rather than choke full of new constructions. Nothing against development, rehabilitation, and renewal, but age does bring character to a place.

It sounds like a lot of requirements but they are my ideals. Any help would be appreciated and I'm looking to rent. From other posts sounds like Wellington, Lake Worth may be of interest to me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 05:09 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,258 times
Default Delray Beach is the best

Being a resident of Palm Beach, I would recomment Delray Beach to any young family/couple. The Delray downtown is thriving with tons of bars, restaurants, caffes, cute little shops, antique shoppes etc. The beach is beautiful and less touristy.. Infact go to usatody site and search for Delray Beach and click on the third link and you will see why it is getting so much attention.

The city has tons of housing options from brand new construction to condo conversion to estate homes and anything in between....... PM me with your contact and I can send you some more details on what your money buys you here or if you have any other questions

Old 08-06-2006, 01:24 PM

52 posts, read 302,277 times
Default mmmmm.....

I am always amused by people, coming down to Palm beach county, or South Florida in general hoping to find lots of "YOUNG PEOPLE"!!
Dear, this is the capital of the old and retire croud, those people cover a good 80% of the population down here, they are retire, play golf, and shop all day, those very few young peole remaining, are working 3 jobs just to be able to survive in an area like this. So you will never see them!!
I just think that you will be very disappointed, so good luck with your move!!

Old 08-06-2006, 05:10 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,258 times
I agree with Vincenzo.. The demographic mix has changed a lot over the time, there lots of young people here in South Florida who make a very nice living and are able to support the lifestyle. Next time you go down the road take a look around and you will see a LOT of young peple driving their shiny Beemer, Benz and other imports. There is no doubt there are of snow birds who flock here around Nov/Dec and stay here till Mar/Apr so you may notice that specially in the coastal areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach