Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM

207 posts, read 1,034,361 times

Advertisements

Actually, Paseos would be my ideal first choice, but my wife doesn't like the small houses there. She wants a big house so got stuck on Rialto. Valencia would be my second choice. They have some larger homes in the 4k sq.ft. range I've seen for between 600-700k, which is what a comparably equipped/sized house in Rialto would cost, but I really like the more established feel of Valencia and Paseos compared to new construction. We've done the new construction thing up in Orlando and it definitely did not turn out the way we hoped neighborhood-wise. I want to "see" what I'm getting before I buy anywhere else again.

I looked at Botanica but the homes are too small/narrow and it just feels cramped overall. Also, we are more into the mediterranean look, not traditional or key west style. I agree the location is good, though. When we visit my parents in Paseos we go to that Publix/Starbucks on the corner all the time.

If I didn't have to worry about what my wife wants I'd have a canal home with a boat out back! Most canal homes are small and old, which she hates. Oh well, I can dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:14 PM

257 posts, read 608,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Beach Pal View Post
Why live in Rialto when you can live in Botanica or Mallory Creek, both way better locations and both way better built? Rialto is remote to the rest of Jupiter. We live in Botanica where you can walk to Publix and Starbucks.
Could you or anyone else who lives in Botanica kindly tell me if it is in a flood zone or not?

Thank you!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Why live in Rialto when you can live in Botanica or Mallory Creek, both way better locations and both way better built? Rialto is remote to the rest of Jupiter. We live in Botanica where you can walk to Publix and Starbucks. If you want to get in your car for every single thing you do, buy in Rialto. Botanica and Mallory both have poured concrete second floors. That is a big wow from a noise and quality standpoint. Also, the HOA fees are only $180 at Botanica and they are almost $300 at Mallory. At Botanica they will move walls for you! They won't do that at Mallory or Rialto.

Rialto will take at least 5-10 more years to build out. Botanica is almost done. Mallory has another phase. Botanica has all Jupiter schools. At Mallory you have to send your kids to PB Gardens for HS.

Be fair about your +/- comparisons.

Rialto is across the street from the Jupiter ballparks/soccer fields. If your kid plays any sports you will need to be there frequently. If you commute to anywhere outside Jupiter, Rialto is the clear winner for quickest route to I-95/Turnpike.
Rialto is CBS built from foundation to roofline, though I haven't seen one under construction to see if it has an actual concrete floor on the upper levels.
Botanica is mixed use, you can buy a 500K house and your neighbor can be someone that paid 1/3 of that on a small condo.
Botanica is parallel to the FEC railroad tracks, very frequent freight trains.
Botanica and Mallory are both zero lot line, very close to your neighbors.
Rialto offers the biggest sq footage homes of the three and has the biggest lots.
Botanica and Mallory have terrible traffic flow throughout the community. Streets look like they were designed by 4 year olds, must be fun giving directions to visitors!
Rialto is gated, the other two are not.

All three have plus/minus considerations. Just adding a few to each. They are all nice places to live but walking to Starbucks/Publix is not the only reason for buying in a certain community over others.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Great summary!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,038 times
Default In response to Palm Beach Pal

After many years of enjoying this BB, I signed up so I can reply to this message and give FL Guy my 2cents...

Let me first say that I did my research and settled in the community of my choice because of my goals, capacity to pay, wants and needs. Having said that, I also live in Botanica but do not share Palm Beach Pal's viewpoint.

On Location:
Let's be honest, Jupiter IS small - regardless of where you are, everything is convenient. Nanay4U's and City Guy's posts both point out accessibility - and they are right.

On Schools:
It all depends if you have school age kids right? PBC and Martin County have the best schools around - if you're not zoned for the school of your choice you have other options. You only need to speak with the school district.

On Build Quality:
These national builders (Lennar, CBS, Divostas...etc) have to comply with state and national standards as such build quality will always be based on a certain standard. I think this will boil down to how much are you willing to pay for your house. Divosta's Mallory Creek does have the concrete on the
second floor but the hurricane windows/doors for the first floor are options - while with the other builders - they're standards. Who is to say other builder's won't "move walls" for you? It really depends on how much you're willing to pay.

On Gated vs. Non-Gated: Walkability Factor:
True, Abacoa is highly accessible - but then again, this is an urbanist approach to community living - very different from what Rialto or other gated communities have in mind. Also, if you check out the rest of Jupiter, everything is accessible. I don't find it a negative factor if I need to drive to buy my stuff rather than walk. I actually prefer it that way as for sure others prefer walking around with their groceries or what not.

Established vs. New Development (last phase of Mallory Creek vs. 7 years of Kolter, Lennar, etc):
This again is a matter of lifestyle choice - couples with families tend to go for established ones, young professionals tend to look for value (is it too pricey for the location)/access to shops, restaurants,etc., community amenities, for retirees - possibly a different reason altogether.

On Property Values:
Jupiter as a whole is a nice place to settle in. Ofcourse like any other town in the US, there will always be areas that are highly sought after because of the key features they represent or how they are valuated. You can always ask your agent or google the information. With the new development - they can be more competitive in terms of pricing - you get more for what you pay - and probably have projected the effect of the real estate crisis (in their cost).

I bought my home in Botanica (second owner) and I feel that since this community is already established and is still affected by the real estate meltdown (ofcourse who is to say that those in the new development will not be affected by this) - I can only hope that my property won't slide as much as before.

I am not a snob and say that I live in a better place just because I can afford more or that I am in a more popular neighborhood or for whatever reason. I just want to say that we should help one another and try to be objective.

In the end we all recognize that Jupiter is a nice town to settle in.

Quote:
Why live in Rialto when you can live in Botanica or Mallory Creek, both way better locations and both way better built? Rialto is remote to the rest of Jupiter. We live in Botanica where you can walk to Publix and Starbucks. If you want to get in your car for every single thing you do, buy in Rialto. Botanica and Mallory both have poured concrete second floors. That is a big wow from a noise and quality standpoint. Also, the HOA fees are only $180 at Botanica and they are almost $300 at Mallory. At Botanica they will move walls for you! They won't do that at Mallory or Rialto.

Rialto will take at least 5-10 more years to build out. Botanica is almost done. Mallory has another phase. Botanica has all Jupiter schools. At Mallory you have to send your kids to PB Gardens for HS.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Thanks, FloridaBound2000. So how bad is the noise of the railroad there honestly? I can hear it from inside Paseos and sometimes it wakes me up (I'm a light sleeper). So inside Botanica it must be worse?? Then again, who knows if you can hear the highway noise from Rialto. Those crotch rockets can be heard a LONG ways away.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:16 PM

232 posts, read 773,542 times
I thought the railroad is off of Dixie which would make it a good 2 miles away. I could be wrong...

Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
I thought the railroad is off of Dixie which would make it a good 2 miles away. I could be wrong...
FEC railroad tracks are west of Alt. A1A and Botanica is on the west side of the tracks. Botanica begins about 50 ft from the tracks.

Lots of good points here. It should be noted that Rialto is in Palm Beach County and therefore the schools are going to be PBC not Martin.

Jupiter is currently one of the highlights of PB County! Looks like everyone agrees with that.

Last edited by City Guy997S; 09-05-2011 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
Thanks, FloridaBound2000. So how bad is the noise of the railroad there honestly? I can hear it from inside Paseos and sometimes it wakes me up (I'm a light sleeper). So inside Botanica it must be worse?? Then again, who knows if you can hear the highway noise from Rialto. Those crotch rockets can be heard a LONG ways away.

Rialto has a wall (looks to be 8-10 ft high) so that will help with the noise but in reality there currently isn't a house within 1/2 maybe 3/4 of a mile of I-95. They are building out the NE section first (furthest from I-95).

Egret Landing was built along I-95 (pre-wall) and it certainly didn't hurt that neighborhood as far as sales/resales. The DOT has now constructed a 20 ft sound barrier/wall so Egret probably has had a reduction in noise in the last year or so. That wall will probably be extended north of Indiantown road next, shielding Rialto from the noise as well.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,038 times
Sorry I was not able to reply sooner. Was out vacationing

You can hear it , I'm just used to tuning it out... and heavy draperies do help

I have a friend buying in Rialto and I was able to look inside the property and community. Looks pretty good. In hindsight, I would probably buy there and skip Botanica. More bang for my buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach