Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:28 PM

14 posts, read 43,471 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of a winter retreat condo in your area and we were wondering about where the safest areas would be , areas to avoid? Thanks for any input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 12:21 AM

90 posts, read 226,433 times
Boca, almost anywhere, North of Northlake Boulevard anywhere, anywhere along the coast (like as in within three blocks), and parts of Delray (don't know that area as well). Avoid the square between the Intercostal, Wellington, Northlake Boulevard and Delray Beach. The nice parts of Palm Beach County are some of the nicest in the country, but that square contains three of the top forty most dangerous cities in the US. If price is an issue, I would recommend Martin County or St. Lucie county. Don't you dare try to save money by going to Riviera, Lake Worth, Boynton or West Palm outside of City Place. There's a reason those places are cheap. Oh and from what I hear, Royal Palm Beach and Greenacres cause cancer, so I'd avoid those places too, but I haven't really substantiated those claims myself. I've just heard them.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
First, what is your price range?

The high crime areas are very specific: Northern West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, Southern Lake Worth, and parts of Delray and Boynton Beach.

If, however, I hear one more person say, "Stay North of Northlake Blvd," I may just scream. It's an imaginary line in the sand that isn't helpful, since some of Singer Island, Palm Beach Island, and some of the best neighborhoods in West Palm Beach and Lake Worth lie south of that line!

There's also a section of unincorporated Palm Beach County that I would avoid. It's very spotty.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:13 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
I guess it all depends on what type of lifestyle you are looking for when you are down here. Do you golf, yacht, do you want to be able to walk to the beach? There are lots of great areas in Palm Beach County. It is an area where you have to vacation down here and get a good idea of which area is going to fit you best. If you want to provide a little more information it might help on recommending what areas to consider.

Last edited by skylinet; 07-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: repost

Old 07-20-2009, 07:56 PM

14 posts, read 43,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I guess it all depends on what type of lifestyle you are looking for when you are down here. Do you golf, yacht, do you want to be able to walk to the beach? There are lots of great areas in Palm Beach County. It is an area where you have to vacation down here and get a good idea of which area is going to fit you best. If you want to provide a little more information it might help on recommending what areas to consider.
First off, thanks to all of you who replyed. We like to fish, golf a liittle, general lazing on the beach sometimes and we are active classic car enthusiasts. We are just looking for somewhere decent for winters, not to pricey. We are also considering the Cape coral/FM area, but a lot of that area seems to be going downhill. Rob

Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Look into North Palm Beach and Tequesta. You know, you can actually find condos in beachfront buildings ON Palm Beach Island as well right now, in the 150k range.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:33 AM

10 posts, read 81,851 times
Jupiter & Tequesta are nice. Here is a relative crime index webpage for various cities in Florida:

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-13-2018 at 04:50 AM..

Old 08-06-2011, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,136 times
I have a family member moving to Meadowbrook Mobile Home Park in West Palm Beach. Is this a safe neighborhood?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,303 times
Crime info, enter the address, and check it out for yourself.
CrimeReports | The National Crime Map

Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 AM

18 posts, read 106,964 times
maybe try something in the abacoa area

it is slightly west from the beach, but you just take the main road in abacoa east a few miles and you are on probably one of the nicest beaches I've ever been to in the east coast USA.

Abacoa is also around quite a few golf courses

they also have a pretty decent sized classic car show every first weekend of a month in downtown abacoa that is a real nice show, especially if u like cars of the muscle car era as that seems to be the highest turnout. I would guestimate the car show is usually 100-200+ cars.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach