Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM

63 posts, read 192,489 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Boca Raton from Boston, come July.
We are still looking for places to rent (then to buy).
All depends upon a good elementary for my 8 year old daughter.

I know there are great public elementary schools in Boca, but greatschool.net has parent reviews that are mixed. All over the board

My daughter is a friendly, smart kid who loves drama, arts music, ect.
She has in past needed some guidance for staying on tasks -especially math. Our teachers and Principal up here have guided her well.

What schools do people recommend? Central or East Boca Raton?
West? Though we like to be near things...
All new to this. Doing this from a far and would appreciate any info.

Thank you!

p.s Any great drama/music summer theater courses you would recommend for our dd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
Del Prado would be the only one Id recommend for elem school...only school in East Boca that we would choose would be Boca HS but your not ready yet..If we move to East Boca once our Daughter is our of middle school we want to be on the intercoastal we would send her to Boca High our Son Attends Spanish River and we all love it...one of my daughters friends mom is sending her son to Del Prado after being at another Elem School here in Boca as she has a daughter at calusa and rants and raves about Del Prado and her son is NOT in the Gifted Program..

Old 03-14-2011, 06:13 PM

Thanks Swimmom32.
Would you recommend Calusa elementary? If we found a rental around that area?

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM

umm not really I mean you cant compare Calusa to Del Prado in MY opinion..Del Prado district for rentals you will also get something nice...We have a new principal and she is great...we loved our daughters teachers last year she is now in 5th grade we like one of her teachers this year and well the other one has alot to be desired..she is thriving in calusa because she qualifies for extra services and is doing phenomenal...We visited Del Prado and wanted to send her their however she has been through alot with schools in the past and moving and well she wanted to stay in Calusa..We started both our kids in the middle of the year at their new schools back in January 2010 so We needed Spanish River HS and could only get him in if we were in the school Zone..We started in West Boca and should have moved to the Del Prado/Omni/Spanish River District from when we came down here back in June of 09 but we didnt do that either...so Del Prado should have been the very beginning after we visited the school and after speaking with the teachers and administrators , but we wound up in the Calusa district.after leaving West Boca...You live and learn...Where we Live now its Del Prado but our daughter is on her way to Middle School in the Fall...I hope this helps..

Old 03-14-2011, 08:30 PM

17,326 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Addison Mizner is the best elementary school in East Boca. If you want your kid to be in with normal kids and have parents with normal lives then try the eastside.

If you like "Real Housewives of XYZ" then leave your McMansion behind faux gates, get into your leased Range Rover and race to West Boca.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 AM

ra Addison Mizner too however I do believe they feed in Boca Middle..So I would check the PBC school website..and this comment above is very funny about east boca...East Boca there is more money than West and you will find the same type of people although Im not a Fan of West Boca or some of the people that live there but its a personal choice..Again we love living Central but our hope is to go East once our Daughter is ready for HS...

Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 AM

Again, I want to thank you for all your help! It is so hard to do this from a far. But, I have learned a lot from your responses.

Swimmom 32, I have already contacted St. Andrews for swimming lessons and they too have been so kind about information on Boca Raton.

All this makes our next journey a little easier.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Wonderful Two if there is anything I answer pls let me know

they are wonderful there and We are very happy at Saint Andrews...

Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM

239 posts, read 474,317 times
Also have to add that 100% of people and organizations we contacted (also from afar) on Boca area: schools, rentals, physicians, employers WERE SO kind and helpful. Not like our present place of residence......... (no comment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by twho62 View Post
Again, I want to thank you for all your help! It is so hard to do this from a far. But, I have learned a lot from your responses.

Swimmom 32, I have already contacted St. Andrews for swimming lessons and they too have been so kind about information on Boca Raton.

All this makes our next journey a little easier.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM

ra yup I cant believe you spoke to NICE people here in Boca I thought we were all Stuck up, Old and Crabby and rude... well Despite what people think its a nice place to raise a family and call home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach