Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 AM

163 posts, read 205,067 times

Advertisements

Hello we live in PA and for medical reasons for our adult special needs child have been trying to move for three yrs but another opportunity presented itself Our mortagage company can let us out of our house We have a credit score of 543 but some are errors , we have to work on it. Meanwhile a family member is buying a condo in West Palm Beach as an investment Knowuing our plight, they have offered for us to live their and just pay them the rent . Originally we were going to move to Melbourne to a community with activities for my daughter would a condo have this kind of envirnmont It wont be 55 and over Melbourne was a smaller place what would you call West Palm beach Is it much more Busy? Im sure the medical will be good How about walkable stores? We cant pay our mortgage here and rent in FL but mortage company has offered to take back house. How far is West Palm beach from the ocean I just know nothing about it other than going there once to a doctor years ago How far is it from Disney World we have a special needs theme park in Kissimene {sp} that we really want to visit Eventually more of my family is thinking of moving to Weat Palm Beach How does it differ from Melbourne Thank uo Im going to do more research any good site thanks Please no unkind words .I enjoy this site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Where is the condo located, exactly? "West Palm Beach" is sometimes used to refer generally to the region of 1.5 million people that spans from ocean front to the Everglades.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:54 AM

I dont know yet they only said West Palm beach it would at the very least get us out of PA and into FL and we could then look around in Melbourne are we are retire with special needs adult child , Orlando willbe fun for her forever and the special needs big park too We are not looking for big crowds with swinging nitelife but maybe it gets us at least into Florida and we can afford the rent what is West Palm Beach like in general

Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM

can anyone tell me anything please?

Old 11-17-2017, 12:12 PM

782 posts, read 760,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone lady View Post
can anyone tell me anything please?
Expect expenses to go up, cost of insurance in SoFLA is very high that is everything from car, homeowners, windstorm, health and etc. Property Taxes are high as well, depending on where you live/buy you can be victim of high monthly HOA fees in some communities.

Not sure where in PA you live now, but I'm a native of PA lived in four states up to this point, my Wife and I lived in the West Palm Beach area around 30 years combined and left 2 years ago for San Diego. It was getting too expensive there and the career options for us were very stagnant, so advances in career/pay were nonexistant in our fields. We miss much of it, but the negatives outweighed the positives it was time to go.

PA in general depending on where, is more afforbable in terms of insurance, housing and property taxes.
Where I lived, though taxes were high because the schools in PA overall are much better and teachers are paid very well, quality of education in the Northeast is way better than Florida across the board and up.

Melbourne would be the lower cost alternative, we looked at moving there but nothing happened. Just keep in mind if you have to work and earn a living, Melbourne will likely be lower in pay than jobs in SoFLA but it depends.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:22 PM

530 posts, read 667,520 times
If you know about other locations that will be of benefit to your daughter, why would you take a chance and move to a location you know nothing about AND at the same time, place your future in the hands of a relative who is buying a condo for investment purposes? What will happen when your relative wants to collect on his investment? What will become of you with a credit score that has convinced a creditor to allow you to get out of your present mortgage?
Even if the picture I paint is totally incorrect, we have zero information with which to intelligently answer your question. West Palm Beach is not a one block area. At the very least you would have to provide a much more specific location in order to get a much more specific answer.
Without even knowing where this condo might be, you can pretty much imagne what I would advise you to do: live in a location that will be best for all of you. If your daughter will be living with you and you make a mistake on her behalf, all of you will suffer.
Beware of relatives bearing gifts.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:20 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
If you know about other locations that will be of benefit to your daughter, why would you take a chance and move to a location you know nothing about AND at the same time, place your future in the hands of a relative who is buying a condo for investment purposes? What will happen when your relative wants to collect on his investment? What will become of you with a credit score that has convinced a creditor to allow you to get out of your present mortgage?
Even if the picture I paint is totally incorrect, we have zero information with which to intelligently answer your question. West Palm Beach is not a one block area. At the very least you would have to provide a much more specific location in order to get a much more specific answer.
Without even knowing where this condo might be, you can pretty much imagne what I would advise you to do: live in a location that will be best for all of you. If your daughter will be living with you and you make a mistake on her behalf, all of you will suffer.
Beware of relatives bearing gifts.
Great post
OP you need to find out exactly where the condo is in West Palm at the very least

Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 AM

there was someone who offered to help me out here cant find you please post again would love to talk

Old 11-18-2017, 07:48 AM

623 posts, read 966,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone lady View Post
there was someone who offered to help me out here cant find you please post again would love to talk
Why don't you ask your relative where exactly the condo is located and look at a map and do a little research yourself?

Old 11-18-2017, 03:16 PM

530 posts, read 667,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Why don't you ask your relative where exactly the condo is located and look at a map and do a little research yourself?
I believe there is an answer to your question and I also believe I have wasted my time caring and answering this individual’s “question” myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach