Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 PM

4 posts, read 54,427 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I spotted these forums via some Google searches, and have been impressed with the high-quality advice shared (kudos to all!).

Later this year, I will need to move to the Boca Raton area to further my education. Unfortunately, all of the managed condo complexes I've liked via online listings seem to get extremely harsh reviews. I've seen many reviews that comment about crime, break-ins, and rat infestations.

I'm coming from quiet, suburban Brevard County (not Broward), and am very nervous about moving to Boca Raton.

Question: can I find a place in a safe neighborhood for about $1,100/mo? If you think so, what neighborhoods should I look at? Are there any places in Boca I should avoid? Thanks to any and all who offer assistance!

- Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 PM

38 posts, read 162,524 times
Default Boca Rentals

There are no really bad sections in Boca but there are bad tenants everywhere. Come visit and cruise around. Luckily, there are lots of rentals available and companies (including realtors) who can help you find what you want. For what it's worth, my favorite zip codes are 33496 and 33432. I'd start there...

Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 54,427 times
Thank you much, Twistedsista1. I'll hone-in on those zip-codes and see what I can find.

Bad tenants are tolerable as long as management is supportive of the good tenants!

- Jay

Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM

4 posts, read 31,187 times
I would strongly tell you to look at Highland Beach. There is virtually no crime. Rentals will be a little higher but well worth it. It is a beach front community with no commercial business. You cross the intracoastal bridge and you are in Boca or Delray. Virtually a 2 minute drive. It is a very narrow strip of land with the ocean and intracoastal very close. If you can buy a condo there are great deals right now.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 AM

3 posts, read 36,538 times
what about 33417 zip?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:47 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
There are lots of students in the apartments that are right near FAU. The complexes over there are a little older, but the neighborhood is safe and if you are going to attend FAU it's convenient.

Wherever you wind up keep in mind that the East-West traffic on Glades is really bad in the morning/evening rush hour.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:00 PM

51 posts, read 356,225 times
BOCA IS NICE JUST TRY TO AVOID "PEARL CITY":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_City_(Boca_Raton)

Last edited by BOY-N-TOWN; 05-06-2008 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: LINK

Old 05-06-2008, 09:16 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Boca Raton

BTW, zip code 33417 is not in Boca Raton.

There are a lot of apartments, townhomes, condos in zip code 33486 which is within walking distance of FAU. I actually know of a couple of townhomes where you could offer $1100 per month and it would be taken.

Sometimes, other students are looking for roommates; that might be an option for you. There are also some condos around if you want to live alone.

I think you will be fine in Boca Raton. I have a son, age 19, who works 2 jobs, goes to school at PBCC and hangs out with a nice group of friends.
He never has had a problem with anything or anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach