Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 AM

18 posts, read 64,839 times

Advertisements

Which is a better school? I've researched and they are both "A" schools, but I want to know which would you rather your child go? Which has better communities for living and people?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 AM

17 posts, read 66,205 times
Lighthouse in my opinion. It services Abacoa, which is the better community. Very family oriented and friendly.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM

88 posts, read 413,943 times
If you child has any disability under the IDEA, non-of the above, and go to a private school after you secure a McKay Scholarship. If you speak spanish at home then Jupiter Elementary. If not then Lighthouse Elementary.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM

Thanks everyone! No we don't speak Spanish at all. So, is that a hint to not go to Jupiter Elementary. My son does need speech therapy. We can not afford private school. How do I find information about McKay Scholarships?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,801 times
I'm not sure about the McKay scholarship, but I can tell you to stay Far FAR away from Jupiter Elementary. The principal is useless and has no control over, or desire to control, any aspect of that school. I won't go into a long diatribe about why I took my son out, I'll just say that that place thought it was perfectly acceptable to suspend a kindergartener over something he had no control over. I'll leave it at that. I would eat my own arm before sending any of my children to that school ever again.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM

mandaliz8704: Which school did you move your child to? Just curious. What's your view on the other elementary schools in Jupiter or Palm Beach County for that matter? I'm an elementary teacher (Georgia certified) by trade, but will have 2 children attend elementary school soon.
Thanks!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,801 times
We moved out of Palm Beach County, so we are not in the district anymore. Jupiter Elementary was the only K-5 that I have experience with in the county, as I only attended middle and high school myself in PBC. I've heard good things about Jerry Thomas Elementary on Maplewood... that is where I would have preferred my son to go but we were out of the zone for that school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach