Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 12,406 times

Advertisements

hi, this is my first time to write a thread but i want to know the trurth form people living in florida, we are moving to florida in june ( me, my husband and my son) my husband will be working between wellington and port st.lucie and we are thinking about palm beach gardens or royal palm beach? we saw some apartments and condos in both areas and we liked it so far, we are looking for 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms around 1100$/mo ( a gated cummunity will be great), i want to know which area is better to live in( not too expensive)? safer? cleaner? and has good schools? and i heard about a problem in the water in some cities in the county in which the water can cause cancer in children? so if any one can help me with my questions i will be so grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM

85 posts, read 271,940 times
I would stay out of Royal Palm Beach,overcrowded,code enforcement are like a regime it's out of the way of everything. I would try PBG to Hobe sound in Martin.I live in the Gardens,for the most part lower crime (even lower than Wellington) Since the mall was built it's actually becoming a little hood.
being in the Gardens your close to everything,in your husbands case I-95 & Turnpike are close.
Acreage /Loxahatchee has the cancer cluster stay away no conclusive evidence as to what's causing it but your far out west and it has nothing to offer.Also alot of breakins in RPB,Acreage,Loxahahatchee.
Gated communitys in Gardens San Matera and there is one on prosperity between Rca Blvd & lighthouse dr.(sorry the name escapes me for now.Since I have no kids I can't help here,however good luck from what I hear as most schools in Flroida there slower than up North as all things in South Fl & dumbed down. Alot of violence,bullying & cops at just about every school. The palm Beach County School board is a joke.
I hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:27 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
There's a couple nice 3/2's in Westwood Gardens for around 1100 and if you decide to buy eventually you can pick one up in the low 100's. It's not gated, but a nice area for the price.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:58 AM

29 posts, read 85,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d822 View Post
hi, this is my first time to write a thread but i want to know the trurth form people living in florida, we are moving to florida in june ( me, my husband and my son) my husband will be working between wellington and port st.lucie and we are thinking about palm beach gardens or royal palm beach? we saw some apartments and condos in both areas and we liked it so far, we are looking for 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms around 1100$/mo ( a gated cummunity will be great), i want to know which area is better to live in( not too expensive)? safer? cleaner? and has good schools? and i heard about a problem in the water in some cities in the county in which the water can cause cancer in children? so if any one can help me with my questions i will be so grateful.
I wouldn't rule out Jupiter Abacoa, it is convenient to I-95, A-Rates Schools, very safe, and family friendly. The more affordable communities to find rentals in are Antigua at Abacoa and Somerset at Abacoa....with kids, I would stay away from the Village at Abacoa, it's too busy at night.

Here is a real good school locator you can use for Palm Beach County Schools by address.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:08 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
Palm Beach Gardens is a great area, plus your husband could get on the turnpike to go either north or south. Taking the turnpike exit at Okeechobee Blvd or Southern Blvd. will take him further west than taking I-95. Investing in a SunPass will give him the ability to get on and off quicker due to the electronic toll payment.
It would take me about 8 min. to go from PGA Blvd. to Okeechobee on the Turnpike. Getting off I-95 on Okeechobee Blvd and traveling west he would have 10 to 12 traffic lights from I-95 to the Turnpike exit.
From the Turnpike to 441 & Okeechobee he would have 6 traffic lights.

I have lived in Jupiter for about 30 years. I love the area as we are close to the beaches, it has a small town feel, the crime rate is low. The parents are involved in the children's activities.

Abacoa is a wonderful area - but I think you could find a nice home in a lot of areas around Palm Beach Gardens.

Best of luck.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 PM

thank you all for your help, I really appreciate all your help thank you again

Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Working between Wellington and Port St. Lucie? That's a large distance. Is the job cut in stone and a sure thing?

Sounds like your looking for a single family home with good schools in a safe area and possibly gated, that will not be possible at that rate. Your more in the range of a 2/2 condo or a 1/1 apartment or possibly a townhouse in some areas and not gated. You might get something close to that in the Palm Beach Gardens area north, I would say more like $1300/month maybe?

If you want to see some realistic rates, you can search for rentals on the palmbeachpost.com "real estate" section.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 PM

I kind of guess that we can't find 3/2 condo or apartment in our price range, so if anyone can help me and recommend 2/2 condo or apartment in my price range (1100 $/ mo) no need to be gated if in safe area, waiting for your help.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,040 times
Quote:

My sister-in-law is a real estate agent in Jupiter Florida (West Palm Beach) and is also an HRS Certified Home Stager and Redesigner. She was previously a real estate agent in New York but relocated to Jupiter, FL with her husband.

She is extremely talented in her work assisting the client in buying or selling a home. Her unique quality is her compassion in her work as well as the intense desire to satisfy the client during as well as after the sale.

[color=navy]You can reach her at [email="stagewithrobin@gmail.com.[/COLOR]

Denise Sheroka

Old 03-29-2010, 02:45 PM

thank you for your heip, but can she help us rent? because we are not looking to buy right now, if so please tell so i can contact her soon, cause we are suppose to be settle down in florida in end of May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach