Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,433 times

Advertisements

Want to move to West Virginia. Have lived in N.J.for 48 years, my whole life Everything is to expensive. We are looking at properties in Springfield and Romney. Does anyone know anything about these 2 areas? This is a big decission for us. Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM

198 posts, read 413,646 times
Why Springfield and Romney?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Heaven WV girl View Post
Why Springfield and Romney?
That was going to be my question. To answer this one needs to know what you are looking for.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,884,146 times
You will probably find lovely mountains and a great "laid back life" in comparison to NJ but the main question is to have resources to live without employment as that could be hard to locate depending upon you line of work.

If you are retired and want fresh air, four seasons, and a "laid back life" then you might be happy in Romney or Springfield.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,349,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcat63 View Post
Want to move to West Virginia. Have lived in N.J.for 48 years, my whole life Everything is to expensive. We are looking at properties in Springfield and Romney. Does anyone know anything about these 2 areas? This is a big decission for us. Kim
Why would you want to move to WV? The Poconos would be much closer to where you currently live thus keeping you closer to family and friends, as well as NYC of course haha. I have never understood why anyone would leave the Northeast to move to this area

Old 09-29-2011, 07:57 PM

6,080 posts, read 9,114,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
Why would you want to move to WV? The Poconos would be much closer to where you currently live thus keeping you closer to family and friends, as well as NYC of course haha. I have never understood why anyone would leave the Northeast to move to this area
Because WV is better than the Poconos, easily!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,349,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Because WV is better than the Poconos, easily!
idk, I just couldn't live that far from a city, in southern WV you are a good 3-4 hours from the nearest large city being either Columbus OH, or Pittsburgh, and if u want a very large city better make it 5-6 hours to DC while the Poconos have easy access to NYC, Philly and DC

Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcat63 View Post
Im not saying this applies to you, but NJ people dont always have the best opinion of WV. Life is different here. South Jersey might be somewhat similar, but northern NJ is much more urban than WV.

Make sure you want to live a rural Appalachian life before coming here. It isnt bad, but it might not be for you.

If you like NJ in WV look at Morgantown. We seem to get the most obnoxious people from your state.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,167 times
Quote:
idk, I just couldn't live that far from a city, in southern WV you are a good 3-4 hours from the nearest large city being either Columbus OH, or Pittsburgh, and if u want a very large city better make it 5-6 hours to DC while the Poconos have easy access to NYC, Philly and DC
Note that the OP mentioned Romney. Not exactly southern West Virginia.

And it's an hour or less to Wiinchester, and maybe two to DC (or at least the NoVA suburbs).

Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 AM

6,080 posts, read 9,114,480 times
Quote:
Yeah, but our towns have everything a person would need, and we have the great escape of the mountains. The Poconos are nice, but there is just more to do here as far as recreation goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia