Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times

Advertisements

I was looking for that old thread and saw that it was lumped into another category.
My purpose with it was to help the people of Wv to survive.

With it lumped into a generic category, many will not see it or know where to find it.

The hyper-inflation is right around the corner and as near as January..we must be prepared to face this government manufactured dilema and survive.

Me?
I'm going to Save-a-Lot for all my Christmas shopping this year...giving us cases of food...nothing else.

Think about it...giving junk with all the buttons and bows or something you can eat. better than dirt or grass...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 01:06 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
we must be prepared to face this government manufactured dilema and survive.
It has more to do with the decimation of the American industrial and manufacturing base than anything else...a correction of the dollar has been in the making since the 80s. What cracks me up is that Bush and Obama are getting the blame. It's not their fault. It's Reagan's fault. And Clinton's fault. Reagan destroyed the economic balance and introduced us to wealth stratification. Clinton's NAFTA was a final dagger. And maybe Nixon shares some blame for thinking that the US could sustain an international fiat currency. Reagan screwed that up right quick.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
They inflated the dollar after the Mexican Peso Crisis to bail out the economies of Mexico and Japan. Under the agreement, the US Fed would lower short-term interest rates to stimulate the economy and the US Treasury and the G-7 would intervene by buying dollars. Long-term US rates were also brought down by the Bank of Japan buying US treasuries. China piggybacked on this deal by devaluing their currency by 40 percent in late 1994. The rest of Asia had currencies pegged at a fixed exchange rate to the dollar so their exports started to suffer after awhile.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:15 PM

I don't care 'Who's to blame...its a situation of survival and its on our doorstep as we speak.

We will or we will not....that's your decision to make.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 PM

404 posts, read 1,095,087 times
And this is WV related how?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I was looking for that old thread and saw that it was lumped into another category.
My purpose with it was to help the people of Wv to survive.

With it lumped into a generic category, many will not see it or know where to find it.

The hyper-inflation is right around the corner and as near as January..we must be prepared to face this government manufactured dilema and survive.

Me?
I'm going to Save-a-Lot for all my Christmas shopping this year...giving us cases of food...nothing else.

Think about it...giving junk with all the buttons and bows or something you can eat. better than dirt or grass...

I just want to point out that I don't see your classic hyper-inflationary scenario reminiscent of Weimar circa 1921....nor anything close to the Hungarian currency crisis ala the Pengo during the mid 40's.

Instead, what I see is milder inflationary-deflationary hybrid, were asset values will continue to depreciate in value.

In essence....the must haves ; the products we eat and use every day will be inflationary in terms of cost, but core assets like homes, automobiles, boats, recreational vehicles and home electronics will continue to deflate in value...

But I say bring on the deflation....full force - as it completely destroys highly-leveraged debtors, stripping them of nearly all their assets. And I'm sorry---as I know many will find this cruel---but I see this as great thing for our country...

A nice payday is coming soon for those who both saved and invested wisely.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:38 AM

I see our money buying 1/4th of what it does now...and will compare it to the situation in Bosnia a few years ago and also Argentina.

The french peasants thought the revolution in 1790 was a great thing too...they starved to death anyway.
When the government failed the bread lines ended... look for something like that here.

Where will insurrection start? I'll tell you.

In the black ghettos where the unemployment is over 35%.
They burnt a lot of real estate in an area of LA called Watts in the late 60's and I was there to see it. Destroyed an entire community.

When the hope is gone and people are starving, they will react violently.

The big city ghettos will go first and our military will hold them in those areas with martial law...maybe emergency UN troops because our military is busy abroad.

Hope you have a nice payday and your investments reward you...try boiling that hoarded gold and cash into soup...very nutricious, I'm sure.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 AM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
There is an upside for exporting. As we speak some countries are buying the dollar to prevent a further slide, trying to 'protect' their exporting.

The Dubai issue will cause some wobble in the market next week. Ought to be an interesting time.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 AM

566 posts, read 1,579,390 times
US dollar purchasing power:
Campaign For Liberty — Purchasing Power of the dollar Graph

St. Louis Adjusted Monetary Base
St. Louis Fed: Series: BASE, St. Louis Adjusted Monetary Base

The same graphs used in Ron Paul's book, End the Fed.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:37 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
the inflation in commodities last year led to hoarding by governments. the oversupply was one of the factors that led to the crash in commodity prices. we could see the same again next year when global stimulus winds down and we have a glut of make-work construction projects that add to the overcapacity/overbuilding that originally caused the downturn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: