Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 02:26 PM

53 posts, read 82,924 times

Advertisements

I've never done this before, would love to hear from anyone who has. I have a "summer car" that I'd like to store in a garage, storage unit or something for the winter. I have looked at some storage facilities in Yonkers, but that would be prohibitively expensive ($200/mo.) Anyone know where I might find something much cheaper than that? Since it's just twice a year, I'd be willing to go further north (Putnam/Orange?) but I don't even know where to look. Or, might someone want to rent out a garage they're not using?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,029,336 times
These guys store an incredible array of true exotics, keep them charged, will warm them up before you arrive, etc. They look expensive but who knows? Worth a call.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:49 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,151,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereLeftToGo View Post
I've never done this before, would love to hear from anyone who has. I have a "summer car" that I'd like to store in a garage, storage unit or something for the winter. I have looked at some storage facilities in Yonkers, but that would be prohibitively expensive ($200/mo.) Anyone know where I might find something much cheaper than that? Since it's just twice a year, I'd be willing to go further north (Putnam/Orange?) but I don't even know where to look. Or, might someone want to rent out a garage they're not using?
A friend of mine who lives in Manhattan keeps his car in the Poughkeepsie Metro North garage because it is cheap. I think he pays about $250 for the whole year to park it there. He uses it to go upstate on some weekends, so he takes the train up to Pughkeepsie, gets his car, then drives up to his property. He uses it all year, so he skis in the winter and all that. I know its an open air garage, so this migh tnot work for you, but its worth a look and I know its pretty cheap.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM

53 posts, read 82,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
These guys store an incredible array of true exotics, keep them charged, will warm them up before you arrive, etc. They look expensive but who knows? Worth a call.
It does look expensive, but also pretty cool! I'll have to check it out regardless. That said, my car is a 14 year old Toyota (MR2 Spyder).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
A friend of mine who lives in Manhattan keeps his car in the Poughkeepsie Metro North garage because it is cheap. I think he pays about $250 for the whole year to park it there. He uses it to go upstate on some weekends, so he takes the train up to Pughkeepsie, gets his car, then drives up to his property. He uses it all year, so he skis in the winter and all that. I know its an open air garage, so this migh tnot work for you, but its worth a look and I know its pretty cheap.
Thanks for this too. It also may or may not end up applying to my situation, but very good info to have nonetheless!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:34 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,029,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereLeftToGo View Post
It does look expensive, but also pretty cool! I'll have to check it out regardless. That said, my car is a 14 year old Toyota (MR2 Spyder).

Thanks for this too. It also may or may not end up applying to my situation, but very good info to have nonetheless!
Worth a visit if you like crazy cars. Insist on a comprehensive tour. You won't believe it. Like a car museum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: