Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM

32 posts, read 126,500 times

Advertisements

I've heard lots about the CRV... people who own one love it. But I have to drive it... it seems small to me. Plus, both our kids are also on their way of becoming pretty big eh I heard the pilot is not very good with gas milleage.. it sure looks nice though. I really like a smooth drive. I drove the R4 and thought it was so hard.. I felt every bump. maybe the more expensive models deal with this issue. Edmund's has great reviews on the Sienna.. not crazy about the looks but sounds practical. I don't know if I need a 7 seater at this point... maybe not yet... a couple and 2 kids most of the time.. Hmmm.. we do have a lot of family who visit from the west coast.... and friends will visit us from the city without a car. How many adults could fit in the back seat with 2 car seats? prob just one right? just in case we don't get a second car..i need to consider this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 AM

40 posts, read 258,342 times
We are in the process of moving north also! We just purchased the Mazda CX9. It is fantastic. High ground clearance like the SUV. Styling like the smaller crossovers. AWD for the winter. 7 seats like a minivan. We got the Grand Touring which has everything. Navigation, leather, 20" wheels, auto everything.

The 2008 CX-9 was voted North American Truck of the year, an award that's voted on by 45 automotive journaists at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The Cx-9 was also Motor trend's 2008 Sport Utility of the Year. Clearly, the CX-9 has made a positve impression on automotive experts. A full-size crossover SUV, the all-new CX-9 replaces the Mazda MPV minivan.

Test drive one and see.

I have a VW GTi which is the 2007 car of the year. I like to stick to good vehicles as it is a major investment.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 PM

32 posts, read 126,500 times
The Mazda is looking great, except the gas mileage could be better. Looks like the Honda CRV does 20 mpg city / 26 mpg hwy and the Mazda CX9 16 mpg city / 22 mpg hwy. do you think this is a significant difference?

Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 AM

178 posts, read 667,400 times
Get at least one Honda Accord, one of the best cars out there, I have had 5 of them in 25 years and always been happy, I do have the seat all the way back and one or 2 clicks on the recline. I am 6'4.

The CRV and Pilot are good, the Pilot uses more gas.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,241 times
I love my Honda CR-V! It's roomy, economical, and reliable (also great in snow). Whatever you do, don't go to White Plains Honda!!!!! The sales department was pushy and not very helpful. They did a lousy job finding financing and the Service Department is Horrible!!!!! I've heard that Brewster Honda is much better (if that's not too far for you to travel).

Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,241 times
I don't know how the new CR-V's are, but my 2005 is very roomy and great to drive. My wife has a 2003 Ford Taurus and my head hit's the ceiling!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 PM

8 posts, read 21,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingnorth2 View Post
We are moving to Westchester from the city and do not own cars but we'll need to buy 2 cars pretty fast. We are both tall and have 2 children (toddler and a newborn). I have no clue what to get and not much time to research... if you love your car I'd love to hear. We are not into luxury/high-end cars just need something practical but comfortable. We need space bc we are both tall. We are also interested in fuel savers. I saw a Toyota Sequoia the other day.. liked the looks but not sure if it's expensive or if it gets good mileage. Fuel prices are getting up there... I think we might lease instead of buying... thanks so much This forum is AAAA++++
LOVE our Honda Odyssey (three kids, dog, husband). It's not sexy, but it certainly gets us there comfortably!

Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 PM

24 posts, read 117,757 times
we were told by a talk couple that Pilot has not enough room for their leg to stretch with kids behind. so we bot Odyssey....so far very happy with it. u need lots of room with 2 kids. Pilot is good for one child family

Old 04-27-2009, 08:19 PM

866 posts, read 2,484,565 times
Not sure why no one has mentioned the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. We test drove one last year and it seemed very roomy. It's a nice car and you can't go wrong with a Toyota. Plus you'll get better MPG with a hybrid.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 PM

395 posts, read 1,618,162 times
The Highlander is great (I drive a Prius myself) but can get pricey pretty quickly as soon as you start adding features - navigation, etc.

Speaking of, I've noticed that the Prius craze has not caught on in Westchester, whereas here in Los Angeles every other person drives one. Perhaps not really a multi-weather car and not much room for all that winter gear. I have resigned myself to trading it in for a small SUV when we relocate this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County