Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM

24 posts, read 67,169 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are looking to convert our home heating system from oil to natural gas. I received a large list from Con Ed and compared against the BPI accredited list and came up with the following:

Phoenix Mechanical
Arctic Mechanical
Bright Home Energy Solutions
Bruni & Campisi Plumbing
Clover Heating

I wanted to know if anyone had good\bad experiences with any of these companies or if you had any others to recommend.

Thank you,

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 AM

218 posts, read 605,884 times
I just replied to your fence post, and then I saw this one. Looks like you and I are on the same schedule. I put in a new boiler and converted from oil to gas in November. Used C&F Plumbing in Scarsdale. Not the cheapest but did a great job. Left them alone in the basemenet for a few days, and nothing came up missing. I would bet they come in cheaper than B&C too. Good luck.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 AM

374 posts, read 1,058,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijahman View Post
Hello,

We are looking to convert our home heating system from oil to natural gas. I received a large list from Con Ed and compared against the BPI accredited list and came up with the following:

Phoenix Mechanical
Arctic Mechanical
Bright Home Energy Solutions
Bruni & Campisi Plumbing
Clover Heating

I wanted to know if anyone had good\bad experiences with any of these companies or if you had any others to recommend.

Thank you,

Chris
Bruni & Campisi Plumbing -- will be very expensive but i've heard they are top quality
Artic Mechanical -- I used them and they got the job done. Pretty good pricing. Great quality for the price but I wouldn't say top quality.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 PM

13 posts, read 41,993 times
Many years ago I used Bruni & Campisi Plumbing and I caught one of their techs stealing some items from my basement, since then I have also used C & F, however now I use a small family company based out of New Rochelle, but the owners live in Scarsdale/Mamaroneck....
CNS Heating on Cottage Place New Rochelle.... give them a call good luck

Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,429 times
what do you think is the cost of a small cottage approx. 1000sf to change from oil to gas with these companies? One thermostat. Small tank(275 gal) to remove?

The Oil company I use is driving me nuts. They call and call to tell me I need oil when it's 3/4 full!!! They tell me my gauge must be broken when they replaced it 3 yrs ago so they send over someone to dip a stick and it's correct. Then they scare you to tell you it might run out!!!!!

Enough with Westmore Fuel. I would like to convert to gas. I guess they are all the same.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:45 AM

562 posts, read 1,058,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhyg View Post
what do you think is the cost of a small cottage approx. 1000sf to change from oil to gas with these companies? One thermostat. Small tank(275 gal) to remove?

The Oil company I use is driving me nuts. They call and call to tell me I need oil when it's 3/4 full!!! They tell me my gauge must be broken when they replaced it 3 yrs ago so they send over someone to dip a stick and it's correct. Then they scare you to tell you it might run out!!!!!

Enough with Westmore Fuel. I would like to convert to gas. I guess they are all the same.
It's hard to say. Do you have a gas hookup already? That has a major impact on price. If so, do you need to upgrade your meter? Increase the diameter of your gas pipes?

I have a 2,000 SF, one-zone house, with existing gas connection. We had to replace 3/4" pipe with 1" pipe and got a combination boiler. Cost us appx. $9,000. We haven't removed the tanks yet, but had one estimate of $500 for taking out the three 300 gal tanks (two that were being used, one old and unused).

Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
All I know is we paid back the cost of conversion in just four years. Don't know what oil will cost this year, but the last few years it's been an outrageous $4 gallon. If you are replacing on old clunker oil boiler with a highly efficient gas boiler, your heating costs will decline by at least 50%. Our costs were 60% lower last year than if we had to use $4/gallon oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County