Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:59 AM

25 posts, read 171,171 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Totally confused about parking options/lack thereof at the Katonah train station. We are seriously contemplating a move to Ridgefield, CT and would be looking to do the commute into Manhattan using the Harlem Line on Metro North. We obviously wouldn't qualify for a resident parking permit, but are these ever issued to non residents? And if so, how long is the waitlist usually? What is metered parking like? We drove by and it looked like it was pretty far from the station...is there any metered parking close to the station (thats available BEFORE 10:00?) And how quickly does the metered parking fill up? Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 AM

5 posts, read 53,916 times
Your best option may by the bus which runs from Ridgefield to Katonah. Costs $1.25 each way. Details at http://www.hartct.org/Schedules/PDFwebShuttleR-K.pdf

Jim Cameron / Chmn
CT Rail Commuter Council

Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,392,886 times
The meters are in Lot 3, and there are no others close to the station as the small number in Lot 2 become available after 10am. Bedford also increased the no parking zones around the station, since there was an issue in years past where cars would be parked along Woods Bridge Road and even out on to Route 35. My guess, since I don't park in Lot 3, would be that the metered spots are filled early.

There were new metered spots approved recently for Lot 4 in Bedford Hills, but IIRC it's going to be similar to Katonah at 10am. Non-resident spots are rare in Bedford, and the cost for residents just jumped $100/year to $450. I think that there was talk of non-resident spaces in Bedford Hills (limited number) at $1,000/year. I think that these were approved at the same time as the rate increase, during the Town Meeting in early April. I would call the town clerk to inquire.

The Town of Bedford New York / Departments

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 22,129 times
I also commute out of Katonah and am a non resident (Yorktown Heights) I know of parking opportunities in Bedford Hills five minutes down the road from the Katonah station if interested I will connect you. I was in the Lot 3 lottery for 6 years but lost my spot a few years ago when they added all the mters which I never get to use because I put my daughter on the bus and by the time I get there they are all taken! The whole parking situation is a nightmare.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 14,904 times
Where is non-resident parking located at Katonah train station?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:23 AM

4,762 posts, read 792,924 times
There are a total of 10 lots maintained by the town of Bedford, 3 of which are adjacent to the Katonah station:

Permit Parking - Town of Bedford

If you're new to the area, you should be aware that having a Katonah (10536) zip code doesn't automatically qualify you as a resident (strange as it may sound). You must reside within the Town of Bedford; Somers residents with Katonah addresses aren't eligible.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 13,980 times
I commute out of Katonah or sometimes Bedford Hills. I am also a non resident and would love to know where I can park. Please share your parking secret with me. :-)

Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 11,148 times
What's super annoying is standing on the Katonah platform and seeing the RESIDENT ONLY lot next to the track only a quarter full at 8AM. What a waste.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:51 PM

30 posts, read 71,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpace View Post
What's super annoying is standing on the Katonah platform and seeing the RESIDENT ONLY lot next to the track only a quarter full at 8AM. What a waste.

That's kind of the, well, entire point of resident parking. It's a benefit for living in the town paying taxes / etc.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM

10 posts, read 29,743 times
I commute from Ridgefield (north side of town) and park at Goldens Bridge... it's managed by LAZ parking, not the town, so it doesn't matter where you live. When I applied there was a wait list, but it only took ~4 months to get a pass for me. There's also a healthy amount of daily meters... I never had a problem getting a daily meter, but I also leave pretty early (6:10am train)... so I can't speak to later times.

I have a neighbor who hops on 684 (easily accessible from the north side of town) and drives to either White Plains or North White Plains, I forget. I think they have big parking garages there w/ more spots. I think that actually saves ~5-10 minutes each way, but I prefer to have more time on the train and less time driving. Either option works.

Good luck! Ridgefield is a great town. The commute is the hardest part... but the town is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County