Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 05:10 AM

2 posts, read 9,277 times

Advertisements

I am brand new to the forum, but have been following it for a little bit

Since Halloween is on a Sunday this year, does anyone know if Trick or Treating for kids will be Sat or Sun?? I've lived in places that do it only do it one day or the other and don't want to get the kiddos dressed up too early (or worse...miss it!)

I've asked a cpl people around me, and nobody knows...hoping you folks can help me...Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,805 times
Generally speaking (this isn't aimed at you...)

Why in the world would a holiday change due to the day of week it falls on (this year)?

I know what I'm doing. Not answering my door on Saturday and trick-or-treating on Sunday with our children.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 AM

2 posts, read 9,277 times
That's what we did several years ago when it fell on a Sun. We lived in a neighborhood without many kids, and usually went the next block over. 80% of people whose lights were on said they gave their candy away Sat, and the 20% that had some were wondering why not many kids were out. We had only passed 2 other groups of trick-or-treaters. Half the fun is seeing other people dressed up and out.

I felt bad that the kids had 'missed' Halloween, and am trying to get a feel for here. We again live on a street without any other kids, and have to go to a different one, since NONE of the people on my street ever do Halloween!
So I can't just look out my window and see what everyone else is doing...

Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 AM

756 posts, read 1,654,985 times
my kids are in their 30s, no grandkids, we live in the woods off the beaten path: this may be the first time since college that we don't see any trick-or-treat kids.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:52 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBee3 View Post
That's what we did several years ago when it fell on a Sun. We lived in a neighborhood without many kids, and usually went the next block over. 80% of people whose lights were on said they gave their candy away Sat, and the 20% that had some were wondering why not many kids were out. We had only passed 2 other groups of trick-or-treaters. Half the fun is seeing other people dressed up and out.
That's because this is the bible belt. Trick-or-treating or handing out candy on a Sunday is blasphemous.

File under: Things to consider before moving to the south, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBee3 View Post
I felt bad that the kids had 'missed' Halloween, and am trying to get a feel for here. We again live on a street without any other kids, and have to go to a different one, since NONE of the people on my street ever do Halloween!
So I can't just look out my window and see what everyone else is doing...
I get what you're saying, and yes, it is sad for the kids especially.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 AM

17 posts, read 68,988 times
seriously? this is crazy...we will be going trick or treating sunday on halloween downtown. i heard kennilworth is the place to go. sure hope we have the right night lol. can't imagine changing the date to the 30th! jeesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina