Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,799 times

Advertisements

I am in St Pete FL and I have lived here my entire life. I have an opportunity to move to NC sometime in the near future and I just want to get some input on some of the interesting, friendly, scenic areas of Western NC. I have been to Asheville but I wouldnt want to live there-Id love to be close to Asheville though so that I could attend the gatherings and festivals they have there. I have also been to Hendersonville and loved the downtown area-so Id like to be somewhat close to that too. What are the little towns that surround these two places? I am assuming also, that the smaller towns in the surrounding areas would be cheaper places to live. Nothing too too 'remote' since I dont want to have to drive an hour just to go to the store or have dial up internet LOL. Im open to any suggestions-just looking to learn a little bit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 09:33 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpoison120 View Post
I am in St Pete FL and I have lived here my entire life. I have an opportunity to move to NC sometime in the near future and I just want to get some input on some of the interesting, friendly, scenic areas of Western NC. I have been to Asheville but I wouldnt want to live there-Id love to be close to Asheville though so that I could attend the gatherings and festivals they have there. I have also been to Hendersonville and loved the downtown area-so Id like to be somewhat close to that too. What are the little towns that surround these two places? I am assuming also, that the smaller towns in the surrounding areas would be cheaper places to live. Nothing too too 'remote' since I dont want to have to drive an hour just to go to the store or have dial up internet LOL. Im open to any suggestions-just looking to learn a little bit!

I would like to suggest you check out the great little town of Landrum. It's just over the South Carolina line southeast of Hendersonville (about a 20 minute drive I believe from there). It is an adorable and and very scenic little town - I love it! You are very near to everything you need there, including many beautiful places for hiking and getting outdoors. Good luck!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,799 times
TY! Ill have to check that out!! Living in FL all Ive ever known was beach, beach, beach. Id love to be in a more country setting, where we can wake up in the morning and see mountains. In the fall see beautiful leaves-which of course we dont have here. I have a 4 yr old and he deserves to grow up in a cleaner prettier friendlier environment and to know 'real' seasons, and to know what fall can really be like! Do you know anything about Mars Hill? Ive heard its only about 20 minutes from Asheville.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:00 PM

146 posts, read 335,829 times
Default Landrum

It does have some very cool antiques....!! and I saw a couple of great looking restaurants.
TL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina