Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 874 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm looking to shoot some digital film of mountains fro a short-film I'm making, as well as B-Roll and stock purposes for future films.

I'm looking to get shots of mountains that appear to be from a 'lower' elevation, hopefully in the Asheville region.

So, dramatic wide-angle shots of mountains sort of 'rising out of the ground.' It appears from the picture thread that there are some great shots I could get from blue ridge pkwy, as although its a high elevation, you see the effect I'm speaking of at times.

I want to come away with many options, and I'm coming from Summerville, SC and would need to make a day or weekend trip out of it...

Being up high is really straightforward for me-

So what i could really use are any recommendations for where I could get shots of contrasted in elevation, particularly from the lower perspective.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM

306 posts, read 758,905 times
Peaks of Otter along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, Mount LeConte as seen from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The Blue Ridge Mountains are serene, not panaramic (like the Rockies), therefore, what you see will not be reflected from a picture easily. Near sundown is best for greater contrast, especially during winter and early Spring and late Autumn. The Summer is too hazy. Good Luck!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,847,974 times
I agree with the Blue Ridge Parkway, I'm sure you can judge what you want when you're up there. As WinterStar said, don't go during Summer, it's hazy, and probably packed full of tourists (lol). You also get the added "surreal" feeling when you're up there. I've been up on the parkway plenty of times since I moved here and I still get goosebumps when I'm up there - Nature can be so beautiful and relaxing. If you go during low traffic, it's very quiet and you get to hear nature while standing above the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina