Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 08:33 PM

395 posts, read 462,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post

If this works out, we are out of the area altogether.
Where are you and the Mrs. thinking of going, Mule?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 06:09 AM

679 posts, read 1,462,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasage View Post
Where are you and the Mrs. thinking of going, Mule?
Santa Fe is ground zero for us. We both love Southwest (and Northwest) Indian art and culture. We have been visiting the area since we got married almost 16 years ago, and would have considered it more seriously when we moved here in 2006 had it not been for some family considerations on Mrs. Mule's side.

We realize we could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire, although Santa Fe is surrounded by a lot of Indian land. That helps keep the Rusty Pulliams of the world at bay to some degree. Not like Jackson, WY, where it is almost completely surrounded by public land and thus pretty much capped at where it is, but still a decent control mechanism.

We don't regret moving here one bit, especially factoring in the constraints we had when we did so. We had a great 7 or so years, the last 3 have been very tolerable, but we do not particularly like the direction things are heading, and we see no reason to believe that will change

We'll see what happens..

Old 07-04-2016, 11:49 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,221 times
DH and I got married in Jackson! I get the family ties too. If it weren't for family we would move out there in a heartbeat. His job is only dependent on Internet connection. We've talked about spending at least a summer out there in the near future. We shall see. I hope santa fe works out for you, mule. Your insight will be missed.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:36 PM

679 posts, read 1,462,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
DH and I got married in Jackson! I get the family ties too. If it weren't for family we would move out there in a heartbeat. His job is only dependent on Internet connection. We've talked about spending at least a summer out there in the near future. We shall see. I hope santa fe works out for you, mule. Your insight will be missed.
Thanks Saucy. We spent a week in Jackson last summer. When we win our second lottery, we would probably consider living there in the summers (one lottery probably would not do it!). Beautiful place.

Both of our livelihoods are based on an internet connection, a phone, and the ability to get somewhere else when needed. I joke that I could live on the moon as long as I could get transportation off the moon as needed.

Right now, we are in possession of three offers on Green Acres. This on a weekend that we thought would be completely dead on that front.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:46 PM

395 posts, read 462,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Santa Fe is ground zero for us.
We'll see what happens..
Beautiful little city! We were there many years ago, scouting out the area to see if it may be of interest to us as a future home. Ultimately it felt too dry.
Congratulations on the offers this weekend! Woohoo!! I hope all works out as you hope... with everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina