Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM

12 posts, read 54,815 times

Advertisements

Are there any more contemporary Christian Churches in the Rutherfordton, Forest City area? I grew up southern Baptist, but in recent years have enjoyed contemporary music, styles, etc.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 AM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times
I just moved to Spindale and am looking for the same. My pastor in FL gave me the name of a church in Shelby( about 25 minutes away) called Christ Covenent that is supposed to be fantastic. I tried to find it one day,(my sister was driving) but I don't know my way around and haven't had an opportunity again. It has a website with directions. Good luck, if you find anything closer, please share.

Terri

Old 07-16-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I just moved to Spindale and am looking for the same. My pastor in FL gave me the name of a church in Shelby( about 25 minutes away) called Christ Covenent that is supposed to be fantastic. I tried to find it one day,(my sister was driving) but I don't know my way around and haven't had an opportunity again. It has a website with directions. Good luck, if you find anything closer, please share.

Terri
Thanks Terri,

I won't be there until January, but when I do get there i'll let you know. I did find one church in Asheville that looked interesting. The website is something like rockofasheville.com

Good luck to you as well!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:48 AM

1 posts, read 6,545 times
Smile Churches

Hi all, just to let you know that you don't have to drive out of town to go to a great non-denominational church. Try Evangel Fellowship on Oakland Rd in Spindale, NC. I have been going there for years! Amazing praise music and our pastor, Terry Howell is a brilliant teacher. Anyhow, email me if you want to meet up and go together so I can introduce you to some friends. The church phone number is 828-287-2868. Sunday morning service starts at 10:00 a.m.
Hope this helps.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Good to know there is something nearby. How big is the church? I don't live there yet, but in about 6 months i will. I'll look it up.
Thanks
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwatcher36 View Post
Hi all, just to let you know that you don't have to drive out of town to go to a great non-denominational church. Try Evangel Fellowship on Oakland Rd in Spindale, NC. I have been going there for years! Amazing praise music and our pastor, Terry Howell is a brilliant teacher. Anyhow, email me if you want to meet up and go together so I can introduce you to some friends. The church phone number is 828-287-2868. Sunday morning service starts at 10:00 a.m.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,439 times
Default Evangel Fellowship

I just recently moved to Rutherfordton myself and have visited Evangel Fellowship a couple times. It is a bigger church than I expected being that the there is such a small town atmosphere in Rutherfordton/Spindale. Just guessing I would say 200-300 people go to the church.

I found that the people there were very authentic in their worship and there was a comfortable freedom to either sit in reverence or dance & clap :0
The pastor who spoke the last time I went was an assisent pastor and his message impacted me and my friends so much that we went home and for nearly 4 hours sought the face of God. Their heart for the things of Christ Jesus was evident. Having grown up in church, I found this particular one to be very refreshing and almost restful.... The senior pastor, Terry, is also great and he is a man who fears God.

Recently they have opened healing rooms on Tuesdays where people can come in and pray for healing. not sure of the times but I know it is once in the morning and once at night to accomodate work. I have also met various people on an intercessor team that prays weekly for the church & town.

overall, I'm very impressed with this church and would recommend it to anyone from any walk of life. Their sunday morning service is @ 10am so check it out!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks for this...inspiring.
O
QUOTE=Amefufuca;1558440]I just recently moved to Rutherfordton myself and have visited Evangel Fellowship a couple times. It is a bigger church than I expected being that the there is such a small town atmosphere in Rutherfordton/Spindale. Just guessing I would say 200-300 people go to the church.

I found that the people there were very authentic in their worship and there was a comfortable freedom to either sit in reverence or dance & clap :0
The pastor who spoke the last time I went was an assisent pastor and his message impacted me and my friends so much that we went home and for nearly 4 hours sought the face of God. Their heart for the things of Christ Jesus was evident. Having grown up in church, I found this particular one to be very refreshing and almost restful.... The senior pastor, Terry, is also great and he is a man who fears God.

Recently they have opened healing rooms on Tuesdays where people can come in and pray for healing. not sure of the times but I know it is once in the morning and once at night to accomodate work. I have also met various people on an intercessor team that prays weekly for the church & town.

overall, I'm very impressed with this church and would recommend it to anyone from any walk of life. Their sunday morning service is @ 10am so check it out![/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina