Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 09:04 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,147,017 times

Advertisements

My 22 year old daughter is talking about going with friends to the Williston area for oil work. I'm sure you hear these stories and see them all the time.

I am OK with her doing this if they can make a go of it. They are talking about April to October, missing the worst of the cold weather.

She is a tomboy, so I don't worry much about her being in a mostly male work situation. She is as tough as most men her age.

I read some threads awhile back about housing being costly and in short supply. What is the current situation locally? Their group would be 5 as it stands now. Her friend, his mother, sister and girlfriend and my daughter. What is the price and availability of apartments there? I'm sure any motel would be too expensive to do for long. Are there any rooming houses? Mobile homes? Small rental houses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 12,361 times
Should be no prob with a group of ya. Now hiring signs everywhere!! Job service will say the same thing. Everybody’s hiring. Prob easier now to find a place with some people moving out cause of the cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
View detailed profiles of: