Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2007, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,017 times

Advertisements

I have been teaching in Washington state for 19 years. I hold a MEd in curriculum and instruction and I recently received my Wisconsin certification for elementary education (K-8). I like the direction the Wisconsin education system is headed, and I have been able to find answers to most everything I have had questions about.
The only thing that remains a mystery is where I would fall on salary schedule placement. I would like any information about:
  • Do WI districts honor experience from other states?
    Is there a place to find all school district salary schedules online?
    Other out of state teachers who have moved to WI and their transition into the WI system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 08:14 AM

56 posts, read 369,762 times
Salaries vary considerably by District and I do not believe that there is any single source where you would be able to access that data on-line.

From what I have heard, "some" districts will "sometimes" grant an experienced applicant a few years of experience (usually 3 to 5 years at most) for purposes of calculating/determining placement in the salary schedule. My impression is that this is typically for someone in high demand----math, science, learning disabilities, etc.

Unfortunately---or fortunately----as the case may be, Wisconsin (or, more correctly, most Wisconsin communities) is/are blessed with a surplus of well qualified applicants for every available teaching vacancy.

Hope this helps. Best wishes in your search!

Old 02-25-2007, 12:37 PM

35 posts, read 163,379 times
The link below will take you to the Wisconsin Teachers Union web site. You may be able to find the information there or post in a forum and ask. Wisconsin teachers are very well paid and have excellent benefits and excellent retirement. I wish you well in your potential move!
http://www.weac.org/

Old 02-25-2007, 08:37 PM

151 posts, read 705,366 times
Are you planning on applying for a teaching position or a C&I job? If you have prior administration experience, you may find success with obtaining a position as an administrator. Also, as I'm sure you are well aware of, the fact that you have your Master's degree and a lot of experience may make your job search for a teaching position more difficult. Many districts here are dealing with significant budget issues and find it in their best interests to hire new graduates as they can pay them much less than someone with more education and experience (which is definitely NOT child-centered, but a reality here). I have taught in the state for 20 years and have additional information if you would be interested. Feel free to PM me. Good Luck to you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: