Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,041,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm afraid so
Uh oh! Accountability time ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
Were you hitting on her? Maybe she sensed that.
The last time I asked for a woman's number at one of our offices in another city (I asked by IM), she said she doesn't have a phone. LOL, classic rejection.
Take her some baked goods, White Collar Worker,
oops my bad,I meant Value Added Worker.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 PM

924 posts, read 2,232,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Take her some baked goods, White Collar Worker,
oops my bad,I meant Value Added Worker.
Funny you should mention giving a coworker food. Did I tell you what else happened this week when I gave a supervisor a banana? I asked the woman to come over to my desk to check something out and there she stood in all her glory, nicely shaped assets; her loose top that was begging me to glance over. I tried to resist, but resistance was futile. Later on I gave her a banana as a reward for her advice (nahh, not really I just had a bunch) and for some reason she looked It's not as if I wanted her to eat it in front of me, sucking on it sensually. Though that would have been hot.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,851,311 times
I swear, VAW and TVSG should really get together and compare notes (on what NOT to do regarding work and women)

Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,390,495 times
lol... This thread is funny.

I wonder if this guy is for real.

It most likely is a political reason she got fired. And the new supervisor is within her rights not to give out her cell. I have two cells, one personal and one for work. I take both with me to work, and only give out the work one to co-workers or people in other departments. Who are people at work to know my personal number? lol..

Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,772,621 times
Grasshopper, it is none of your business to know the reason a supervisor was dismissed. And maybe she was terminated because of incidences such as, instead of writing him up for chronic tardiness, changing a subordinate's hours and allowing him to come to work later than anyone else in order to accommodate his inability to get up earlier in the morning. You want her to fail? En garde, Grasshopper.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:39 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Grasshopper, it is none of your business to know the reason a supervisor was dismissed. And maybe she was terminated because of incidences such as, instead of writing him up for chronic tardiness, changing a subordinate's hours and allowing him to come to work later than anyone else in order to accommodate his inability to get up earlier in the morning. You want her to fail? En garde, Grasshopper.

The new person is seen as HOT STUFF because of what she did somewhere else in the department. What the new person doesn't know is the last three pople who held that position has been let go. So let's see how HOT she is the remainder of the year

Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 AM

30,398 posts, read 52,011,068 times
Better watch what you say... you never know who's lurking on here...

Old 10-09-2010, 09:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,772,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The new person is seen as HOT STUFF because of what she did somewhere else in the department. What the new person doesn't know is the last three pople who held that position has been let go. So let's see how HOT she is the remainder of the year
Nothing wrong with being considered HOT STUFF if it's based on accomplishments in the workplace and it's likely that she does indeed know that the last three people in that position were let go. She's in a supervisory position and you're not for good reason. It really is time that you stopped being resentful of successful people who are simply doing their job, stop making assumptions and just knuckle down and get your own job done. You really are way too old to be acting so petulantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Better watch what you say... you never know who's lurking on here...
Isn't that the truth. Internet-speak can come back and bite you very hard.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:06 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Nothing wrong with being considered HOT STUFF if it's based on accomplishments in the workplace and it's likely that she does indeed know that the last three people in that position were let go. She's in a supervisory position and you're not for good reason. It really is time that you stopped being resentful of successful people who are simply doing their job, stop making assumptions and just knuckle down and get your own job done. You really are way too old to be acting so petulantly.

Isn't that the truth. Internet-speak can come back and bite you very hard.

I will treat the woman just like the last supervisor, respect. I will not do anything to put my job in jeopardy especially since I know she is very close with the COO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment