Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM

466 posts, read 1,062,489 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody, I have a few threads here on the forum, for my husband, who is a fence installer and welder. We lived before in Southern California (to expensive and crowded), then we lived in Las Vegas (far to hot in the summer) and from there we went to Portland, Oregon. Portland is a great town, the nature is magnificent, and it rains a lot. The main reason why we thought that Texas might be better for us, was that when you earn about 16.00 Dollar/hour, but your rent with utilities is about 1400 bucks, than you start to struggle and nature isn't so important anymore. I get a pension for Germany (I am a legal resident of the US since around 3 years) due to fibromyalgia and am only allowed to earn around 500 dollar towards my pension. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my pension, because that is our only absolute secure income, right? Anyway, now we moved to the Fort Worth/Dallas metroplex and my husband and I realize that it is much more difficult to find work for him as a fence installer and/or welder here than we thought. We know it is the so called "slow time" till at least an other month, but still, I don't want to run out of money and than can't go nowhere, right? We are flexible (we have an RV), so we wonder if there is someone out there in cyberspace that can help us with a job in the construction field or knows, where fence installers are still wanted. Thanks a lot, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
MY name is Hector in need of a welder with aportable welder for a small job about half hour work in basemant 3124 Mickle Ave. Bronx NY 10469 plase I will need a price thank you 718-708-4329

Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Have you tried in the Houston area for jobs? I used to live there and they have plenty of jobs. Also look on Manpower Inc. It's a temp agency but sometimes their jobs go from temp to perm. I saw quite a few welders on the site last night. I can't remember what states they were in though. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2010, 01:49 PM

580 posts, read 2,293,336 times
If you really don't care where you live, I just seen an ad for welders in Peoria, IL. The name of the company is Komatsu. They are a competitor of Caterpillar and make mining equipment. The pay is $20.92 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment