Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times

Advertisements

I just started a new job at a ski area as a tubing cashier of all things, but, it is wonderful! There are a lot of college age students that work there that are very happy, and smart and a joy to work with. The are engergetic and not complainers which is a far cry from my time as a cashier at a supermarket. The ski job is a little bit more well heeled which I find a bit more uplifting personally. The working conditions are laid back and I don't have to go through crap like bringing a DR. note if I want a drink of water, we can talk to a friend without getting yelled at for not working every single second. It is just a breath of fresh air. I also got a seasons ski pass worth over $1,000 which I has NO idea was part of getting a job there plus a bunch of other fun activities This is so much better than crappy Rite Aid that I got yelled at by giant sweat ladies wanting their pain pills for nothing right away and rotten pharmacists throwing things at the techs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
Congrats on a great job...it brings back memories from my time as a "ski bum" working at a ski resort in Oregon when dinosaurs walked the earth (we still had leather boots just to give you a hint).

It was lots of fun and like you said there's some really good perks.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Glad you're enjoying it! I worked at a ski resort in Lake Tahoe many years ago, as a cashier in the cafeteria... hours were brutally early (6am-3pm), but the perks were definitely nice. I hardly ever used my ski pass, though, since I didn't really want to be there when I wasn't working.

Interesting side note: I was working at this resort when Sonny Bono took his fateful plunge into a tree... it happened after I left that day, but I was greeted by news reporters & my boss handing out "official press releases" (telling us not to say anything) the following morning. I knew one guy on the ski patrol who actually found his body, and he said it was pretty insane. Poor guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment