Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,397 times

Advertisements

So, a year ago, my company hired this finance strategist who made some changes that everybody hates. I just got a call from a friend of mine who works in the corporate office. The witch is gone. Looks like the changes she made were more troublesome than beneficial to the company.

God I'm so happy the witch is gone. Hopefully, they'll undo the changes that she made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:43 PM

12,103 posts, read 23,262,756 times
She may have been hired to make unpopular changes ... ya never know.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I had a boss that we were all so happy when she left. We were all sitting there with satisfied smirks on our faces, no one saying anything, and then I sang "Ding Dong, the witch is dead." Everyone laughed.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 PM

To give you guys an example of why everyone is glad the witch is gone. I just received my monthly expense reimbursement. That's right. It took the office a week to process and reimburse me for last month.

The witch was hired as a financial expert to make some changes to the company that were suppose to be beneficial. One of the things she changed was delaying our bonuses and monthly expense reimbursements. By how long? By 4 months. And even then, we received the checks a whole month late every time. So, the company kept owing us more and more money.

She also suggested instead of the company paying for all of our insurance it would only pay for half. Thank goodness this was never implemented.

There were some other things that she suggested that pissed everyone in the company off. We are an engineering firm. Who make the company money? Us engineers!

The details regarding her departure are still shrouded in mystery, but I'm sure the corporate heads finally realized these changes harmed the company more than not. As soon as she left, all the changed were reversed. And almost over night, the missing checks came flying to my door. And ever since, things have gone back to normal.

This is why I don't like financial advisors. You guys don't see workers as people. You only see money. I'm glad our corporate leaders came to their senses and fired the witch.

Last edited by rosie_hair; 03-08-2014 at 12:19 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 11:37 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post

This is why I don't like financial advisors. You guys don't see workers as people. You only see money. I'm glad our corporate leaders came to their senses and fired the witch.
That also applies to non-work settings, from my personal experience. At the end of the day all they think about is the bottom line and if your existence somehow violates that, they consider your a disposable number.

Chances are, this lady was specifically hired to implement a series of strategic AND cultural changes to see what the results would yield. Sometimes, experiments at work fail badly.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
To give you guys an example of why everyone is glad the witch is gone. I just received my monthly expense reimbursement. That's right. It took the office a week to process and reimburse me for last month.

The witch was hired as a financial expert to make some changes to the company that were suppose to be beneficial. One of the things she changed was delaying our bonuses and monthly expense reimbursements. By how long? By 4 months. And even then, we received the checks a whole month late every time. So, the company kept owing us more and more money.

She also suggested instead of the company paying for all of our insurance it would only pay for half. Thank goodness this was never implemented.

There were some other things that she suggested that pissed everyone in the company off. We are an engineering firm. Who make the company money? Us engineers!

The details regarding her departure are still shrouded in mystery, but I'm sure the corporate heads finally realized these changes harmed the company more than not. As soon as she left, all the changed were reversed. And almost over night, the missing checks came flying to my door. And ever since, things have gone back to normal.

Unfortunately, a lot...a LOT of corporate leaders don't see workers as people, either- they only see that bottom line as well ($$$).

Old 03-08-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
Unfortunately, a lot...a LOT of corporate leaders don't see workers as people, either- they only see that bottom line as well ($$$).
Hopefully our corporate heads see us as people. Out ceo used to work alongside with my RE. In other words, they're engineers up there also. And my boss the RE has a lot of say in the company.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:25 AM

To the person that left me a message in rep point

Quote:
wow you have a really immature and unprofessional approach for someone your age
Let me tell you what happened. See if what the witch did warranted a professional approach from me.

They hired the witch to improve the company's finances. The first thing that she changed was instead of paying us our expenses monthly, they would hold our money for months and months and months. What I've also noticed was my insurance bills started piling up without being paid by the company. It was being paid regularly before, but now nothing. Before, we could take personal paid days any time we wanted. We earned those. But now we had to submit for approval. This was annoying because it went for sick days at all. That witch also made a change that forbid us from taking personal paid days off in the month of January. Her reason was she didn't want people to take those days off and then go work for another company.

It got to a point where we would email the corporate office daily asking them when they would pay our insurance bills, our expenses, our gas bills, our overtimes, our bonuses, etc. I don't know how much the company owed others, but for me I was owed thousands and thousands of dollars. And for months we waited while the bills kept piling up. And then our emails started not getting responses. A few people left and went to work for our competitors.

As soon as the witch was gone, the checks started flying to our doors. The thousands that they owed me came all at once. Our insurance bills are being paid regularly again. We could take our days off anytime again. Everything went back to normal.

So, tell me, how am I suppose to approach such a heartless witch?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:23 AM

151 posts, read 258,076 times
Congratulations! I understand your feeling exactly. My former boss, the MONSTER, was fired 6 months ago.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:58 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I had a boss that we were all so happy when she left. We were all sitting there with satisfied smirks on our faces, no one saying anything, and then I sang "Ding Dong, the witch is dead." Everyone laughed.
I once worked in a computer room where people would sing their feelings. There were many choruses of "We got to get out of this place...", "Another brick in The Wall" and other "protest" songs. The bosses would come in and hear everyone singing and think they had a happy workplace.

When our "witch" died, there were many choruses of "Ding Dong!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment