Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing jobs open at Title Max and while I am unemployed I just can't bring myself to applying there. The thought of taking advantage of desperate people and charging what used to be considered usurious interest rates makes my stomach turn.

When I first started seeing the ad's I was curious and decided to investigate. I have heard they charge as much as 300% APR on their loans. I am the type of guy who could not do that to someone. I would try to talk them out of it if anything.

How do these people sleep at night knowing they are screwing people all for 12 dollars an hour that title Max pays their employees?

Oh, being a male stripper is another job I just won't do (I'd go broke unless I was getting tips to put my clothes back on....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
Could never be a car salesperson - same reasons as above.
Could never be a waitress - more people would wear there food than eat it, I'm afraid.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Proctologist, actually just about any type of person in the medical field: too much blood, guts, pain, body fluids, etc.
Field worker: picking crops all day in the elements with no broadband.
Roofer: dirty hot, no broadband.
Car wash dude, bending, tired arms, sore back, no broadband.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I have been offered a job, doing CPS case work, checking on abused kids, doing investigations. They offerred me more money than I made teaching. I turned down the job. There are some jobs, I just know are beyond me, and dealing with people who abuse their kids is one segment of society, I just could not tolerate on a daily basis.

I also know I could not work in an animal shelter. I would be a wreck all the time. Wanting to take home animals.

I don't do well with blood, or causing people pain. I work in a hospital, and saw some nurses debride a man with burns...he was screaming, and I could not take it. I asked if he needed more pain medication, and the nurse told me he is on maximum morphine drip...more power to nurses who can do that...I know I could not.

My son is a funeral director, he loves his job. But, I would think it is sad. And I would probably want to give people deals all the time...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Peep show booth cleaner.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Most jobs dealing with the public, or people in general I would not do. I do not like listening to stupid people talk about stupid stuff, on the phone or in person. No thank you, not for any price.

If the price was right, I would do any form of physical work, even menial work. IF the price was right That's more than people are willing to offer these days though, so that's out.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Peep show booth cleaner.
LOL- I will have to add that to my list.

One I would add is plant services at a Union tire plant. We had one idiot who **** on the floor/toilet seat and/or anywhere BUT in the toilet on a weekly basis. I guess he thought he was "getting back" at management or something since it was one of the main restrooms that some manager had to use but it was always the poor cleaning people who suffered.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
LOL- I will have to add that to my list.

One I would add is plant services at a Union tire plant. We had one idiot who **** on the floor/toilet seat and/or anywhere BUT in the toilet on a weekly basis. I guess he thought he was "getting back" at management or something since it was one of the main restrooms that some manager had to use but it was always the poor cleaning people who suffered.
Bwahaha! Sounds like typical union labor shenanigans at it's finest!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
You'll never catch me working in a restaurant again...especially in the kitchen. Industrial kitchens are always nasty with grime and filth and it seriously grosses me out.

Last edited by UrbanAdventurer; 08-31-2011 at 10:14 PM..

Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
I could never do any of the jobs featured on the show "Dirty Jobs." I appreciate what the people in the episodes do, but I don't have the stomach for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment