Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times

Advertisements

This has happended to be before. When i didnt have a job I applied to at least 20 places. One called. A couple of weeks later i got a job then all of the compaines i applied for in the past called lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
So when I was unemployed it took me a few months to get a good interview. Even then the jobs I was getting interviews for were crap.

Now I am employed looking for a new job and got one interview after just ONE week of job searching and then got another one just a few weeks later. I made it to the second round in the first one but didn't make past that as they had someone in the third round already who was selected. Then I have my first round interview this friday for the other position. Both positions are very solid.

Anyone else have the same experience? Amazing what being employed and unemployed do to getting a job. It's sad and pretty unfair.
That is so true. I now out of work and I be even lucky to get an interview at least once an week. When I was employed and looking for something better I had no problems with getting an few job offers and was alot easier getting an job interview.

I guess an reason why is employers think there is no unemployment problems and the people unemployed there is because they dont want to work.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
That is so true. I now out of work and I be even lucky to get an interview at least once an week. When I was employed and looking for something better I had no problems with getting an few job offers and was alot easier getting an job interview.

I guess an reason why is employers think there is no unemployment problems and the people unemployed there is because they dont want to work.
Stop posting false information. I know plenty of unemployed people right now who are getting calls for interviews. A friend of mine who has been unemployed since June had a interview today.

So employers just don't contact EMPLOYED people.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Stop posting false information. I know plenty of unemployed people right now who are getting calls for interviews. A friend of mine who has been unemployed since June had a interview today.

Well I remember last year when I was employed and looking for something better I did not have trouble getting interviews. In addition I did get more job offers when I actually did have an job esp after I did get an job than when I was unemployed. Even one time I went to an job interview I said I was unemployed and have been for some time and the employer actually asked me if I wanted to work. How stupid was that.

I lost count on the amount of jobs I have applied for lately and not once did I get an response.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 AM

723 posts, read 2,193,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eofelis View Post
Not really a problem. Geology BS and GIS is a pretty good skill set around here. It shouldn't be too hard for him to get work.
Yes but colorado is the GIS mecca.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:02 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:

Why is it "false information" when somebody posts their personal experience? Nobody is suggesting even remotely that employers only contact candidates who are already employed.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why is it "false information" when somebody posts their personal experience? Nobody is suggesting even remotely that employers only contact candidates who are already employed.
I went a different route today and had some baked ziti for lunch. I'mm leaning toward chicken nuggets for dinner but not completely sure yet.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well I remember last year when I was employed and looking for something better I did not have trouble getting interviews. In addition I did get more job offers when I actually did have an job esp after I did get an job than when I was unemployed. Even one time I went to an job interview I said I was unemployed and have been for some time and the employer actually asked me if I wanted to work. How stupid was that.

I lost count on the amount of jobs I have applied for lately and not once did I get an response.
I think anyone who is unemployed under 6 months will not be viewed as lazy. As long as someone stays in between that 1 month to 6 month period, they should get calls just like a employed person would.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
I went a different route today and had some baked ziti for lunch. I'mm leaning toward chicken nuggets for dinner but not completely sure yet.
Another idiotic response to a legitimate post.

Quote:
I think anyone who is unemployed under 6 months will not be viewed as lazy. As long as someone stays in between that 1 month to 6 month period, they should get calls just like a employed person would.
What you "think" and what you deem as "should" aren't realistic as there are as many thousands of gray areas in the employment field as there are employees and employers. With your history as an Employment Counselor, one would suppose that this is something with which you're familiar and have some knowledge of.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Another idiotic response to a legitimate post.

What you "think" and what you deem as "should" aren't realistic as there are as many thousands of gray areas in the employment field as there are employees and employers. With your history as an Employment Counselor, one would suppose that this is something with which you're familiar and have some knowledge of.
No I definitely can't drink ice tea anymore or eat chocolate since it flares up my arthritis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment