Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM

14 posts, read 26,624 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone better this? We have a contractor who works in our team and in my opinion, easily the most irritating work colleague I have ever had the misfortune to work with. He sits next to me. His characteristics are:

- he talks all day - loudly and is always griping and whining about something. He has more axes to grind than a rampaging hoarde of angry Vikings. I am being constantly interrupted
- he is very opinionated and racist. He has an opinion about almost everything and is always right in his opinion
- he is always belittling people behind their backs
- he is a workaholic - he is always there early in the morning, seldom leaves his desk and works late
- he is holding the company to ransom by withholding information relating to our business processes and IT practices. On the plus side, he'll tell you things but providing you ask the right question. A couple of us here believe he wants to up his contracting rate by guarding the intellectual knowledge and becoming indispensible
- when he does explain processes, he will do so in a very rushed manner. If you ask him to repeat anything, he'll get all condescending as though you are stupid
- he openly discredits others in front of management and takes credit for other people's work

I have reported his bad behaviour to senior management, but they are not acting on it. I have also called him up on some of these beahviours - he tends to apologise, but then within a short period of time, reverts back.

He is a very intelligent guy and has an outstanding knowledge of how things work in the company, the processes etc. He told me he never forgets anything either which is why he never makes notes (although suspect this also means he is giving up his knowledge).

Personally I have issues with the company and do not intend to hang around (long story). But can anyone do better than this guy? I had a private chat with another guy in our team yesterday and he said he came close to punching him the other day .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment