Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
So went on another interview looked all pretty for a receptionist position for a brokerage place to find out its TEMP with the small possiblity of being permanent.... Ill take if they off but I hate the whole 6-8 week assignment only to be left in the same position I am in now.... So I smiled and acted all positive and said of course I was available for full time, OT, and I work and play well with others but in my head Im thinking UGHHHHHH I put on a dress for this !!!!! Anyways get home do the dishes and what not and get a call from another temp agency trying to send me to the same position I had just had another interview for.... AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ( there I feel better now)
Ugh sorry to hear about your situation. Did it mention it was temp in the job ad?... because I think its shady when places don't include that in there, only to tell you its temp during a phone interview or in-person interview. Is it temp because the regular receptionist is out or is it temp in case they want to try someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 PM

428 posts, read 900,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Ugh sorry to hear about your situation. Did it mention it was temp in the job ad?... because I think its shady when places don't include that in there, only to tell you its temp during a phone interview or in-person interview. Is it temp because the regular receptionist is out or is it temp in case they want to try someone else?

Got a call from one of the temp services Im registered with on Monday she was putting my info in. She didnt say and honestly didnt have alot of info to go on other than it was one of there " corporate accounts." Heres the deal the brokerage place just lost 3 or 4 people because they left and went to open there own brokerage place( found that out by newspaper articles i found online) and from the additional phone call I got later from another temp service that found my resume on Michigans Talent Bank they are looking for someone with brokerage experience or possibly train someone.... Sooo I think its temp because they are looking from more people and going thru lots of changes.. So Im not holding my breath... Today was just a waste of make up LOL

Old 03-29-2012, 03:17 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Got a call from one of the temp services Im registered with on Monday she was putting my info in. She didnt say and honestly didnt have alot of info to go on other than it was one of there " corporate accounts." Heres the deal the brokerage place just lost 3 or 4 people because they left and went to open there own brokerage place( found that out by newspaper articles i found online) and from the additional phone call I got later from another temp service that found my resume on Michigans Talent Bank they are looking for someone with brokerage experience or possibly train someone.... Sooo I think its temp because they are looking from more people and going thru lots of changes.. So Im not holding my breath... Today was just a waste of make up LOL
Haha "a waste of make up", that made me laugh. Nicely put.

Regardless, best of luck. It sucks out there, but hopefully things work out for ALL of us! Keep us updated

Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianY'all View Post
I know that this doesn't sound like much but the economy IS getting better. You HAVE to remain positive.
Sure looks that way to me

Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Often spots like this open when someone takes FMLA or similar extended periods off. There may be a suspicion on the employers part that they may opt not to return, and that does lead to different answers from them , at different times, as to whether it perms or not. Bear in mind, most agencies now that do both temp and temp-perm would charge the corp the same hourly rate either way, so the corp pays nothing more or less for being either honest or dishonest regarding its conversion probability. Most agencies doing lots of temp stuff charge a token fee, $500-$1k is common , once someone has temped 90 days at f/t hours, and that is because during the 90 days, they made what a permanent placement would have gained the agency in profit.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:30 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times
ever since the Economy started to get ****ty, crappy, horrible, like in 2007 or 2008, it has made me to start hating, despising, loathing Capitalism with a huge passion

Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
ever since the Economy started to get ****ty, crappy, horrible, like in 2007 or 2008, it has made me to start hating, despising, loathing Capitalism with a huge passion
It's always easier to blame the system than to blame yourself.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's always easier to blame the system than to blame yourself.
and i personally hate how it always has to be the person's fault, as in my fault, that we have to be responsible for everything

Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and i personally hate how it always has to be the person's fault, as in my fault, that we have to be responsible for everything
Being an adult requires that one take responsibility for one's self. You "hate" everything that entails that you actually make any effort to better your situation.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Being an adult requires that one take responsibility for one's self. You "hate" everything that entails that you actually make any effort to better your situation.
yeah i do hate the effort, because i hate when i get denied something when i make an effort, take initiative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search