Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 06:31 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

I feel if one uses bad performance (or C level, but not D) level performance against you, when evaluating your "teamwork" score, that's basically double jeopardy.
Thoughts?
Not saying my performance is a C level.
Or does it depend on the job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
I think I agree. We have team goals and individual goals. If our team doesn't meet the goal, then it is impossible for me, as an individual, to make the goal on my performance appraisal. This is true even if I did meet my individual goals (if that makes sense). I think it's unfair.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,119,844 times
I consider overall performance and teamwork different things.

For example, there was an issue where accounts were not billed to the correct account. My boss was on my butt to help my co-worker fix the issue, after months of losses. First, I spoke to the coworker. He said the VP of accounting didn't know how to fix the problem. He blamed said it was their responsibility to fix it. He said they were stupid. I am not one to judge somebody that I never met. I called up the VP and spoke for 30 minutes. After listening to both sides, I narrowed down the issue to 2 of the 4 vendors with a 0% correct billing. The other 2 vendors had 100% correct and had been with us for years. My co-worker never provided the new vendors with the correct code.

He was a very smart guy, but he did not work well with vendors or other departments. In terms of teamwork, he would have had a zero. However, his overall performance may have been good, since he worked well alone, came to work on time, and followed direction.

It's an example of teamwork that does not require working with your team members. It was about working well with vendors and other departments.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
any more opinions? It's like saying a pinch hitter in baseball, who may hits once a week, but still does good for a pinch hitter, is, because, he's a pinch hitter, not a good teammate.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM

653 posts, read 1,802,885 times
See, we're evaluating this as if you are not a pinch hitter. As if you are involved with the team all the time.

Still though, it's possible that someone is being told that this is an area where they can improve. Might be all kinds of reasons, like not getting along with a certain person, or not being bright in the mornings.

Consider that the issue may be something that is not realized. Listen to the old PSA from the mid-60's that's attached; that they're saying more than casual listening would have.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mitch Ryder - Family Attitude PSA.mp3.zip (240.2 KB, 54 views)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment