Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 AM

788 posts, read 1,248,812 times

Advertisements

^^^ First post, nothing negative at all and highly unbelievable numbers. Yeah right.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:59 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasaP View Post
I actually work at World Financial Group (WFG). I've worked at WFG for 10 months now, full-time. It's an amazing business. I've already made around $10,000 in the business. Every year my income is going to grow because we have an amazing training program that teaches associates exactly how to grow their income. Once I have kids, I plan to do what many women at our company do and take time off work. But the paychecks will still keep coming. The best way to do business at WFG is to build an agency. Then you help more people with their finances, you give an amazing career opportunity to more people, and you grow rich while not having to work. If you want to be an employee all your life and receive an hourly or annual wage, then you don't have to start your own business. But if you're business minded and want to become a multi-millionaire, then WFG is probably the easiest vehicle to use to achieve your monetary goals. 1 out of every 79 full-time workers at WFG earns over a million dollars per year.
-Rasa
Ok......10 months and you made $10,000. Well congratulations on your first post and your $250 a week job which by the way sounds like it violates the federal minimum wage standards @ $6.25 an hour if you are working 40 hours a week!

1 out of every 79 workers earns over a million dollars ok but if the other 78 workers are making $6.25 an hour like you it seems like a pretty poor existence!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialawas23 View Post
For those who may need help in deciding whether World Financial Group (WFG) is a legit company to work for or do business with, please do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time in reading comments from just any links or forums from people who have not done the business or know enough about the company.

Some may say that only a few can or are able to make some real money here but let the numbers and statistics speak for itself. 1 out of 2 makes 50-99k a year. 1 out of 4 makes more than 100-499k a year. 1 out of 79 makes more than 1 million a year while other companies have 1 out of 8,750 makes a million every year? Wow!!!

I love this company and I love what they have done for me and my family!
Great stats.....care to mention the failure rates also? Your stats probably should be compared to Major League Baseball. The minimum MLB player makes 500K a year, some make 20 million a year. Many MLB players started by playing tee ball..................BUT the bigger question should be how many tee ball players make it to MLB?

On a serious note:

How many new hires make it to the one year anniversary? 5 year?
What is the average earnings of a new hire at the 1 yr/5 yr anniversary mark?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 PM

425 posts, read 646,911 times
I attended a WFG seminar years ago and know people who got involved. I don't really have anything positive to say except their business model is built on recruiting people who are naive about financials and economically challenged and desperate to find a ticket to a better life. The people I know who got involved were nice people but it's only lucrative to the "1%" in that organization and for the rest, a losing proposition. At the end of the day, it's just a sales job and I would rather sell other things if that is what I want to do in life.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:42 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssx1 View Post
I read another page on WFG where someone posted this EXACT post, word for word, like 6 months ago. It tells you something when a company has to have their employees go around posting on sites about their company being a scam.

For those who claim that it isn't a scam because state & federal regulators haven't shut it down yet, or by bragging about "platinum" carriers with well-known names, those excuses mean nothing. The scam isn't the products that you sell or necessarily that you defraud customers, as with ANY Broker/Dealer you sell government-approved products from the major companies and as long as you follow Insurance, FINRA, & SEC compliance guidelines in selling them the regulators don't have a reason to shut you down. That being said, hiring 20 year olds with a HS degree and no financial experience, then sending them into peoples' homes to give "financial advise" that is typically utter crap doesn't give you the best image within the industry.

The scam, however, is in how you find, hire, & treat your employees (business owners, advisors, associates, whatever). Attempting to recruit every customer, forcing new people to hand over their warm markets so you can sell to them, offering one of the lowest commission payouts in the industry, hiring anyone who can fog a mirror knowing they won't be successful, paying the majority of commissions to the upline while the agent who made the sale gets screwed, no product training, and emphasizing recruiting over sales(except sales TO recruits), all while promising excessive amounts of wealth, getting paid off of other peoples' efforts, luxurious trips, and a million other lies is highly unethical at best and why everyone thinks your a scam. Your a scam because those at the top earn their money by taking it from those at the bottom. Unfortunately, this isn't actually illegal (for the most part), just unethical. Since the regulators are more concerned about protecting the consumer from abuse, they have no reason to shut you down because you're abusing your employees/advisors/downlines. Prudential, ING, Transamerica, Pacific Life, Fidelity, & Nationwide aren't concerned with how you treat your advisors, they only care about whether you make sales without defrauding consumers.

So the claim that because FINRA, the SEC, and State Dept. of Insurance doesn't shut you down or that you work with the same large, well-known companies as nearly all other B/D's doesn't mean a thing. Until giving poor advice, selling over-priced products, and scamming your advisors is illegal you'll stay open. Hopefully enough consumers figure out that the WFG advisor is uneducated, knows little to nothing about wealth management or the products they sell, and has no experience before they let them into their homes and give them their money so that the company goes broke and no more naïve advisors will get suckered into giving their upline all of their money.
Agree with everything you said, but the sad fact is that a similar business model is used by major insurance companies. I got suckered into it when I was in my 20s. It was one of those companies you mentioned. They recruited people, pressured them to sell products to their friends and families to get started knowing most would fail and then the managers and established agents would take over the business that stuck. Sell enough of it and you earned a "full time" position with a draw, but that quickly burns out and you're working for free until you're gone. It wasn't impossible to be successful, so from that aspect it wasn't a scam, but a large part of the agency business model was built on business gained from failed recruits. This was 30 years ago, maybe it's changed, but it forever changed my view of the insurance industry.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Sounds like another form of the outsourced marketing companies that sell cable and satellite television packages and Vector Marketing. Hopefully these companies die a quick death soon.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RasaP View Post
I actually work at World Financial Group (WFG). I've worked at WFG for 10 months now, full-time. It's an amazing business. I've already made around $10,000 in the business. Every year my income is going to grow because we have an amazing training program that teaches associates exactly how to grow their income. Once I have kids, I plan to do what many women at our company do and take time off work. But the paychecks will still keep coming. The best way to do business at WFG is to build an agency. Then you help more people with their finances, you give an amazing career opportunity to more people, and you grow rich while not having to work. If you want to be an employee all your life and receive an hourly or annual wage, then you don't have to start your own business. But if you're business minded and want to become a multi-millionaire, then WFG is probably the easiest vehicle to use to achieve your monetary goals. 1 out of every 79 full-time workers at WFG earns over a million dollars per year.
-Rasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssx1 View Post
I read another page on WFG where someone posted this EXACT post, word for word, like 6 months ago. It tells you something when a company has to have their employees go around posting on sites about their company being a scam...
Now we know it's a scam!

I went to a seminar meeting years ago too. It didn't excite me.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sounds like another form of the outsourced marketing companies that sell cable and satellite television packages and Vector Marketing. Hopefully these companies die a quick death soon.
Oh God, Vector Marketing. They were like vultures when I graduated from high school. Went to one of their meetings in some stupid park and wanted to puke.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM

93 posts, read 332,007 times
I was contacted by them awhile ago. I went to the interview and they loved me of course and wanted me to come back the next day for a day long seminar. They told me it would be very helpful and I needed to bring all if my 401k paperwork, savings accounts etc.
I sensed a scam and didn't go to the next days meeting.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,161,357 times
I used to work in a suite of offices where Primerica rented space. There were 3 or 4 people that worked there and from what we could tell, the only thing they did was put ads in the paper and interview people to join their "organization". There were a lot of people who would sit in the waiting room believing they were getting a real job interview only to find out it was this lame MLM. There were some very angry people who left after those interviews.

One of the guys in the Primerica group thought he was really something special and wandered around the office like he was smarter than all of us. I was very young and my boyfriend (now husband) was in college. This super special Primerica guy asked me what degree my boyfriend was getting and I told him he was going to be a Mechanical Engineer. Priguy slaps the top of my desk in his swarthy way and says, "so your boyfriend is going to be an auto mechanic, eh?" I started to tell him that my boyfriend would be the guy to design the car rather than fix it, but he looked at me like I didn't have a clue about anything especially what a Mechanical Engineer did.

Of course, Mechanical Engineering is very broad, but as it turns out my DHs design work is found on Jaguars, Range Rovers and Audis. I would sure love to tell that to Primerica man.

A few years later, I ran into someone else that was really big into Primerica. He never did try to sell us on it, but he did go on and on and on and on about how amazing a company it was. We had other dealings with him and he turned out to be about the most delusional person I have met in my life.

Let's just say my experience (limited as it is) with this company would lead me to stay far away.

Last edited by Cdarocks; 10-18-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment