Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
People have managed to keep tabs on children for centuries without having cell phones, you know.
Sure, but mostly there was a wife/mother at home. Anyway, I have a private office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
According to the OP, they sit in a row of cubicles. The "phone offender" sits in front of him. His text beeps/phone calls are disturbing everyone. If he had a job where phone calls/texts were allowed, then EVERYBODY would be using their personal phones. Also, there is a way to prevent someone from texting or calling you at work. It's called turning off the phone while at work, and making personal phone calls on your break.
Everybody does use their personal phones at work. I don't even mind if he has it on vibe and I can feel it slightly on my side. Not a problem at all. It's just the incessant beeping is driving me UP THE WALL. He might get 4 texts in a row and I swear it was beeping and ringing once for 5 straight minutes.

Also, I'm a she. I think thats pretty apparent from the world "girl" in my user name.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:02 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,013,580 times
That's frustrating, I agree if you have already asked him to tell your boss it is distracting.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:00 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Everybody does use their personal phones at work. I don't even mind if he has it on vibe and I can feel it slightly on my side. Not a problem at all. It's just the incessant beeping is driving me UP THE WALL. He might get 4 texts in a row and I swear it was beeping and ringing once for 5 straight minutes.

Also, I'm a she. I think thats pretty apparent from the world "girl" in my user name.
Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to your user name.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
So I guess someone beat me to the punch and asked him to turn the sound off. She sits near us in an office and is a higher up. So I guess we have the problem solved.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
I am SURE there is a company policy on cell phones. All companies have them now. I would find it, print it out, and put it on his desk.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Just turn off the sound. Problem solved. Visually check it periodically.
People have managed to keep tabs on children for centuries without having cell phones, you know.
Before cell phones, people gave out their work numbers. My day care has my cell number. I'm not turning it off. I agree, the OP's coworker should put it on vibrate or silent. I don't know why some people are so clueless about the people around them. Since the OP has already asked him to silence his phone, I guess talking to her supervisor would be the next step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment