Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 PM

71 posts, read 70,127 times

Advertisements

Well, most customer service jobs are stressful.

You know how you have to be polite to the customer even though they may be yelling, swearing, kicking at, or being rude to you? And you can't do anything about it, or youll get fired ?

Well, at least you can watch these guys pretend they are customer service people, and since they don't really work there, they don't have to worry about getting fired! You can basically live through them watching/listening to their pranks on customers!

Harassing Black Friday Customers at Target with Prank Calls - YouTube

"Ma'am do you really think your baby gives a * what color their stroller is?"

I'm not affiliated whatsoever with them, I just love their pranks, so funny, creative, and enjoyable. Their website with all their awesome pranks is http://phonelosers.org They were hard for me to find, so I'm sharing it here so you can find their awesomeness too!

Also, its a nice way to relieve your stress after a hard stressful day working a crap customer service job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 07:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
I cannot believe anyone would think this is funny.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I cannot believe anyone would think this is funny.
you must not work a customer service job currently or within the last 10 years.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 PM

728 posts, read 1,900,539 times
Oh the things I wish I could have told people when I worked customer service for AT&T. Seriously it was the worst job EVER. Only reason people ever call customer service for their phone company is to complain and yell and get crazy over their bill or some technical issue with their phone. Never again.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Oh the things I wish I could have told people when I worked customer service for AT&T. Seriously it was the worst job EVER. Only reason people ever call customer service for their phone company is to complain and yell and get crazy over their bill or some technical issue with their phone. Never again.

another good one is madhouselive.com , and then click on "show archives" and listen to one of the shows about "calling newspaper ads for jobs" ... the guy talks about how ridiculous these companies are in what they're looking for and calls them up to "apply" for their job, but the funny part is he's not really applying so he is a complete ass in a funny way.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:59 AM

136 posts, read 382,161 times
I worked in hospitality. Restaurants are notorious for "bad" customers.
Especially those that watch too much food network or other cooking programs.

Unlike the folks in the video in the original posters' comments...
I don't need to hide behind a phone. I go face to face with folks of all kind.
I'm quite outspoken and have little to no issue with a curt response to a bad patron.

A typical call to a restaurant: G-rated

Q: Do you serve kids?
A: Of course!
We deep fry them but, will steam or bake them on request!

Usual response, the sudden silence I call the
audio deer in the headlights or the stutter... ah, ah, ah...

In house questions that have prompted a response,

"What kind of fish do you use for the stuffed FLOUNDER? - Really???
"Does this sour cream smell sour to you? - Think about what your asking, SOUR cream.
"May I have fresher bleu cheese? This is moldy." - Sorry only the moldy kind for you.
"Can I have the marina sauce without garlic? - Sure, we call that tomato juice.

The customer is not always right.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:02 PM

589 posts, read 1,348,348 times
Best Customer Service story I have:

My brother-in-law got a job at a call center for a computer catalog seller back in the mid 90's. He had weeks of classroom training, then another week partnered with someone on the phones before he was released to 'go live'. As a rookie, his manager was hovering nearby to listen to the calls and be there to provide assistance. On his first night, he took a call from a customer wanting to order a high end computer and a ton of extras (software, peripherals, etc). As he was adding each item to the order, he got nastier and nastier to the customer. "Oh, you want a monitor too, ********? Great, some software jerk? AND a fancy mouse, @sshole?"

Behind him, his manager was turning purple. But wouldn't interrupt, since the customer was still adding to the order. Finally, about $1,000 in to the call, my brother-in-law caved, and put the customer on hold to tell his manager "This is a legit order, it's from my father-in-law, we've been planning this gag for weeks"

Old 10-01-2013, 01:45 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,874 times
I worked at a VZW prepaid call center and was called names all day long as if it were my personal fault that someone had no money in their account.

Many of those calls often ended with the customer apologizing to and thanking me. I was pretty darn good at deescalating the frantic ones.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:22 PM

91 posts, read 402,138 times
That was fricken hillarious! I like how he yelled at that guy for "gaying" up his store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment