Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,546 times

Advertisements

...but you can buy his books and any other talk show commentator's books (left and right) telling us that "America is going to hell, now buy my book so that I can tell you all the reasons you already know".

Talk show hosts work to obtain ratings. They are not saviors or problem-solvers. If Sean or any other talk show host wants to make a difference, then spend the money to help us take action or get involved in politics to make a difference.

He and the others have no clue. They speak out of their mouth while driving home to their large house behind large gates. This included the Left and the Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 12:28 PM

624 posts, read 763,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
he is a conservative commentator with an agenda to promote the idea that the unemployed are lazy, incompetent and only interested in collecting checks from the government. I quick google search reveals he has a net worth of over 35 millions dollars, I think it's fair to say that he is completely disconnected with everyday American reality and has no idea what's really going on down here in the trenches.
I can't stand that lying a-hole. All of them are on the Koch Brothers payroll.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:31 PM

624 posts, read 763,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yeah he does try to come off like an average joe, but the average hard working joe doesn't get to own multiple vacation houses. However, my issue really wasn't with Sean. It was the company rep who misrepresented their company as this paradise of great paying jobs that anyone can have.
Do you really thing Hannity didn't know what the company rep was going to say before he interviewed him?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:44 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Reminds me of that catch phrase of years back advertising big $$$$$$$$$$ for oversea construction laborers.

I thought right away that ad was phoney.
Why would they need to hire an inexperienced construction laborer from the US and pay big $$$$$$$$$$$ when they could hire an inexperienced construction laborer from that country and pay him very little?

Turns out if you answered the ad they wanted you to send money to get a list of companies.

PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
Do you really thing Hannity didn't know what the company rep was going to say before he interviewed him?

Exactly...LOL. Are some of these posters so naïve that they think the host of the show doesn't know what is going to be discussed on THEIR SHOW...come on...LOL.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:20 PM

31 posts, read 31,692 times
Why do people even bother listening to these blowhard talking heads instead of actual investigative journalists or researchers who create articles and statistics that are useful? I'm not just referring to "Conservative" talking heads like Hannity and O'Reilly but the equally as bad "Liberal" talking heads like Al Sharpton. These people live in a world of their own and their opinions are manufactured for their respective political party.

The American people love their talking head hucksters and cannot seem to help but fall back on the Republican and Democrat divide despite the reality that over the past 10 years, both parties have failed miserably.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:41 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerb_Seeker View Post
Why do people even bother listening to these blowhard talking heads instead of actual investigative journalists or researchers who create articles and statistics that are useful? I'm not just referring to "Conservative" talking heads like Hannity and O'Reilly but the equally as bad "Liberal" talking heads like Al Sharpton. These people live in a world of their own and their opinions are manufactured for their respective political party.

The American people love their talking head hucksters and cannot seem to help but fall back on the Republican and Democrat divide despite the reality that over the past 10 years, both parties have failed miserably.
Real journalists tell the story that many don't want to hear. They're usually light on the entertainment value as well. There is usually less entertainment value in the truth, which is why blowhards like O'Reily and Hannity have to redecorate the story so their viewers can properly digest it.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lately, Sean Hannity has been talking a lot on his radio show about the available jobs here in the US. According to Sean, there are plenty of jobs, good paying jobs, no make that great paying jobs out there. People just don't know they exist. He has partnered up with some companies, mostly energy ones, to promote their company and their job sites through his own website.

I was listening to his show last week ,and he had this guy from Whiting Petroleum. Now this guy made it sound like they have tons of jobs to fill. Sean asked him if someone could start with the company right out of high school, and the guy was like absolutely. And you would start at 60K with full benefits. People with more experience make six figures. Jobs for all kinds of skills. It sounded too good to be true.

Well after browsing their website, I feel duped. There is only a handful of available listings, and they want like 5 years experience. This was their response on their website:

Why can't these companies to be upfront and honest? It is annoying and wrong to give people false hope.
If something sounds too good to be true it probably is. You were wise to check out the information for yourself.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:02 PM

42 posts, read 50,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Nope.

The simple fact that the moron claims that there are plenty of jobs proves he has no idea what he is talking about, and if anyone thinks he doesn't buy into the Just World Fallacy they are just kidding themselves.

Sorry, but I've listen to clowns like him and met plenty of right-wing supporters of his kind over the years and talked with them... and they, without fail, believe in the Just World Fallacy and are usually ignorant, bigoted, and full of hate.

In fact, I USED TO BE a conservative. I voted Republican for years, until the party become overrun by loons screaming about hating: gays, blacks, the poor, people of other faiths, the unemployed, etc. Combine that with the sick worship of the rich - regardless of how they obtained their wealth - and clearly the party has abandoned the nation.
No, the simple fact is that I have listened to his show and he has never said that there are plenty of jobs for everyone and if you used to be a conservative you were a poor excuse for one because none of things you have said relate to conservatism in any way.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:08 PM

42 posts, read 50,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, you could make that point about many people who become rich and famous. They become out of touch with the reality of the average American. I am not begrudging someone who becomes rich and successful but in Hannity's case(as well as others mostly those in entertainment) they haven't a clue as to the current state of what Americans are facing these days.

Sorry, I don't get the this is "the first year he is doing something like this" comment. How long has he been interviewing people? Around 20 yrs or so. He's not some college kid whose hosting a show at the campus station. Actually radio should come much easier after having been on TV for some many years.

Put right wing/left wing aside for a minute, this is guy is a hack.
As far as I know this is the first time he has tried to put together employers to pitch to potential employees on the radio, so yeah he might have plenty of years as a commentator but he is not in the HR business. Yeah he should have done his homework and yeah he should have known better but again just like with everything else you can't expect everything to be perfect first time around. Next time he does this the same mistakes show then he is either very ignorant as to how to do that properly or he is collusion with some of these employers.

Whatever the answer to that may be it will not reflect favorably on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment