Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 PM

22 posts, read 27,253 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if theres a way besides going to the local IDES office of finding out if an administrative hearing(possibly in person) was held without you? or what the final judgement was on a RE-CONSIDERED case?

I never got the final result of my appeal regarding the RE-CONSIDERED determination about my benefits, no letter, no call - nothing. The ALJ kept claiming I couldn't be reached for over the phone meetings. I requested an IN-PERSON hearing and the the ALJ got defensive and hostile and said its only done under 'special circumstances' but I never got anything saying I had to pay it back.

I believe my request for an In-person hearing was held an I was not notified,(the admn.law.judge seemed a lil 'miffed' with me)I wrote a letter about the2-4 hour wait to drop off a document at a local office and the reception got very cold from that point on add employer politics and sway of this very successful company and here I am. I was granted benefits then it was RECONSIDERED. WTF!!! and a judgement/counter-claim was entered that I needed to pay it back. "wash,rinse,repeat 2-3times"

Theres much more but this is Chicago and its a big company soo...well anyone from Chicago may understand-anyone with an idea how I should proceed? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment