Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times

Advertisements

So was the original bully reprimanded? Why isn't he in trouble? He actually punched another co-worker. Seems like he would be the one to be put on blast....unless your bosses are afraid of this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 08:13 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Ok, but I only engage in a battle of wit. I'm too fragile to get into a physical fight.
Not to worry - you've already won!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:13 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
So was the original bully reprimanded? Why isn't he in trouble? He actually punched another co-worker. Seems like he would be the one to be put on blast....unless your bosses are afraid of this guy.
The OP did say the alleged bully was reported. So I'm assuming the company took care of the bully as well.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
The other day I saw a co-worker punched by a bully co-worker. Well, I HATE bullies and the assault was reported, but then I in my anger stepped up and challenged the bully to "step outside and see me!" Now, my boss, and my boss's boss, put me on blast. How the hell could this be when I was NOT the one who caused the problem?
Iin fairness to you, exactly what was the time frame from incident between bully and co-worker to the time you "stepped up"? Are we talking 2 seconds, 4 seconds, a minute, 2 minutes????????? If it was a heat of the moment (seconds) response more to defuse the situation, there is some mitigating factors involved and you need to express that to your employer, BUT, if this was after thinking about it, you need to step up and accept that you were wrong and deserve what happened.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:20 AM

589 posts, read 696,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
You should have confronted him somewhere out of sight and beat the S*** out of him and let him know that if he did it again, you would too. All this "Don't get involved" "Don't take sides" "Your just as bad", etc. is exactly why this society is the way it is. This is why there are so many bullies, because they know they can get away with it. This is why there are people with multiple rap sheets committing crimes over and over and never paying the price. Your boss and his boss are wimps. They are afraid to confront the bully so they're picking on you.
I completely agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Another "don't bother me with the facts" post. Facts vs opinion. Some posters don't understand the difference.
The only fact is you don't confront someone in the office. Everywhere else is fair game.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times
@313Weather, yes the bully was reported but was anything actually done?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Where I work is a 0 tolerance policy for work place violence or threats. The OP at the very least would be sent home for 3 days unpaid pending the decision to keep or fire them.
The bully would be fired and so would the guy he punched if he hit back.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
The other day I saw a co-worker punched by a bully co-worker. Well, I HATE bullies and the assault was reported, but then I in my anger stepped up and challenged the bully to "step outside and see me!" Now, my boss, and my boss's boss, put me on blast. How the hell could this be when I was NOT the one who caused the problem?

Why is a bully still working there? If he is indeed a bully you would think they would have addressed that way before now.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 AM

589 posts, read 696,409 times
bored chick, OP didn't say if anything else happened to the bully. He probably got tired and went to starbucks for a cappuccino and then proceeded to punch the barista.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:13 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
@313Weather, yes the bully was reported but was anything actually done?
If you're looking for a specific/detailed answer, then we'll have to wait and see if the OP returns to give us one.

But most companies I'm aware of have a disciplinary process in place to handle those types of reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment