Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 AM

217 posts, read 314,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
She enjoyed firing me too. It was in her office, closed door, with a 3 hour item by item of lies describing where I was deficient in this or not up to par in that. She was making these lies up and the fact that there was nothing I could do about turned this sick chick on. Just say "you're fired" and let me the H out of the place, you don't have to draw it out for so long like that. Yet she did and relished every second.
Wow, you stayed 3 hours? Dude, grow a backbone.

After 15 minutes I would have got up and left. They're going to fire you anyways, why delay the inevitable and put yourself through that. It's not like you could have debated and changed their mind.

You allowed them to have power over over you. Just like them having power over you since you can't pay your bills. Not sure I feel all that sorry for you man. Your a growna** man. Maybe stand up for yourself at some point in your life.

I don't wish being fired on anyone, but it's how you handle it that shows what kind of a person you really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:34 AM

820 posts, read 1,211,186 times
I would have left after 1 minute, your time is too valuable for some Grinch to bring you down.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:40 AM

162 posts, read 229,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
There's generally three ways to approach these types of individuals:

1. You submit to their way of management and just go with the flow, many people rather do this because it is easier to do.
2. Do what you did. This will either end in finding a new job or being cut.
3. Request a transfer from the employer to a different manager.

Sometimes it's hard to get along with a coworker, but it's even harder to seek and find common ground to work on. Many people will throw up their hands and feet and give up the good fight. There are times when I have had managers that simply could not relate to anyone on the team, they had the "my way or the highway" mindset and people really didn't want to be working for them. BUT, most people would conform to the new style and just dealt with it. Better luck in the future.

I will say that there are plenty of managers out there that are poor with their subordinates, this may be your case. If so, then move on and see it as something that was bound to happen anyways.
This!

Old 08-07-2014, 09:41 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,331,980 times
No 6 to 8 month emergency fund?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:49 AM

522 posts, read 723,694 times
where are you located?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:51 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,751,031 times
If N. Dakota is too cold you can look at S. Texas. There's a natural gas boom down here and you can make a lot of money doing a lot of different things. Also, it's possible that elder care is less down here, but I can't be sure about that.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,140,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If N. Dakota is too cold you can look at S. Texas. There's a natural gas boom down here and you can make a lot of money doing a lot of different things. Also, it's possible that elder care is less down here, but I can't be sure about that.
I was going to say the same thing as Marlow . Texas is a great state and yeah it is mainly warm in s texas and also your dad would be close by too and Im sure elder care is way cheaper in the south than say the Midwest or out west or Northwest ...kudos to you Marlow and I hope the OP sees a way out of this tunnel . also never let someone treat you like that again OP ...leave ...

Old 08-07-2014, 10:32 AM

692 posts, read 1,709,279 times
Several years ago I was laid off.......when they called me to the conference room to give me the good news, they started the "we are sorry" dialog. I looked them both in the eyes and just said "give me the bottom line". Everyone else had a 45-60 minute "talk". Mine lasted about 15 minutes. Angry---you bet///Once the anger went away....about an hour.........I figured out that this might be a good opportunity to improve myself, and I did. I read some of the posts by this OP and he/she is just too sensitive. You were working for a temp agency not the place where you showed up every day. There is so much opportunity out there even in this economy. Day Labor thru the state employment agency? Humping groceries? WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS other than sitting and wringing your hands "oh wo is me"! You have put the blame on someone else...take responsibility and move on. All state employment agencies now have retraining/training available to thise that actually want to improve and usually the only caveat is a commitment to learning and working where they place you. Take a deep breath OP and go about your business.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:49 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,651,820 times
Use PTC sites like Swagbucks, Gift Hulk, Perk, etc. to get some extra money in your PayPal account.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,227,885 times
No savings? Pretty drastic moves here to sell the paid for house and get a minimum wage job abandoning a career field that you have experience in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment