Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:20 AM

10 posts, read 115,213 times

Advertisements

Any help with be very appreciated! My FIRST day is Black Friday

1, HOW do you clock in at the register? I know it involves the employee ID and a pin(SS number). Is there a button on the screen that says 'Clock in"? (specific instructions if possible)

2. Regarding the employee entrance..is it locked and require a code to get in? Or is unlocked during store hours?

2 RE: dress code..I am support assosiate(Fitting rooms) and thought I was suposed to wear all black. But I saw some wearing other colors. I asked the woman in the office and she said any dark color is generally accepted. Anybody know anything?

again, TY for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,426 times
Why not ask the HR folks at the store?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Why not ask the HR folks at the store?
Already tried that. The answer was always basically "ask somebody else" .. gave up.

Even asked a cashier to show me how to clock in, she said "Sorry, Im busy" So dont see them being any less busy on BF.

Once again, any help/answers would be appreciated

Last edited by mellen71; 11-21-2014 at 09:47 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 10:39 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
ummmm ... ask your manager instead of your peers?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:51 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellen71 View Post
Any help with be very appreciated! My FIRST day is Black Friday

1, HOW do you clock in at the register? I know it involves the employee ID and a pin(SS number). Is there a button on the screen that says 'Clock in"? (specific instructions if possible)

2. Regarding the employee entrance..is it locked and require a code to get in? Or is unlocked during store hours?

2 RE: dress code..I am support assosiate(Fitting rooms) and thought I was suposed to wear all black. But I saw some wearing other colors. I asked the woman in the office and she said any dark color is generally accepted. Anybody know anything?

again, TY for any help.
1. Another worker will show you, do not worry, the training and managers never show any new employee anything.

2. It should be unlocked, only a security person will be there. If yours is locked and requires a code, it would be a rare store that requires this.

3. You have to wear black pants, but you can wear a colored shirt as long as it is not loud. The is highly dependent on management, they will even treat employees differently letting some do whatever they want, while being strict with others. Best thing is to just wear all black your first day, and let other employees show you the ropes so you know what you can and cannot do.

They should have handed you some papers explaining the dress code in detail.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:52 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
ummmm ... ask your manager instead of your peers?
Those managers are often inept and will not give out any useful information, they will just say "go ask HR", which the OP has already done.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:56 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
LAME. Sounds like not a fun employer to work for.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:04 AM

399 posts, read 568,263 times
I can't believe there is no one in the entire store that this person can't ask and receive an answer to. Training. There's no training? They just hired you and said... show up on Black Friday?

Old 11-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
1. Another worker will show you, do not worry, the training and managers never show any new employee anything.

2. It should be unlocked, only a security person will be there. If yours is locked and requires a code, it would be a rare store that requires this.

3. You have to wear black pants, but you can wear a colored shirt as long as it is not loud. The is highly dependent on management, they will even treat employees differently letting some do whatever they want, while being strict with others. Best thing is to just wear all black your first day, and let other employees show you the ropes so you know what you can and cannot do.

They should have handed you some papers explaining the dress code in detail.
Thank You Very much, This helps!.....much obliged

Quote:
the training and managers never show any new employee anything.
exactly....i found that out.

Quote:
They should have handed you some papers explaining the dress code in detail
They did. It said black shirt, But saw more than one support wearing non black.

Last edited by mellen71; 11-21-2014 at 11:55 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk31088 View Post
I can't believe there is no one in the entire store that this person can't ask and receive an answer to. Training. There's no training? ?
All (mostly useless) computer training tutorials which did not address any of the questions I asked in my post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment