Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 07:52 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

When you hit a certain age, and want a change of direction, all the advanced degrees in the world ain't going to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
There is no message to be delivered. The OP claims he spent 8 years going to college, which is a very long time to get an undergraduate and a masters in the field claimed. There is no message and nothing simple or useful about it. For someone who claims to be an engineer and has two college degrees, he lacks the writing skills demonstrated in his postings to convince me he has achieved anything he claims. The OP very simply is a troll, and created this new account just to upset others. Trolls are people who have mental health issues:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Two studies published in 2013 and 2014 have found that people who are identified as trolls tend to have dark personality traits and show signs of sadism, antisocial behavior, psychopathy, and machiavellianism.[37][38]"

Based on the writing style or rather lack of writing style, the OP is using a sock-puppet account to further push his own agenda.

I have worked with many engineers over the years. They don't have the background of doing nothing and just playing video games and leap to having an interest in engineering. Every professional engineer I've known and interviewed has told about their background at a young age they had strong interests in things that are technical. Sorry, but playing video games are about as technical as using a toaster to make toast. Yes, the people who design and program video games are technical, but not the people who play them. It's the difference between watching a football game and actually playing in one.
Well I'm so glad you've devoted so much time and energy examining the OP's grammar and verbiage to come to such amazing conclusions about not only his educational credentials and qualifications but his psychological make-up as well. Astounding! Well done! You need to submit this well-researched exposé to one of the accredited psychology journals as it's quite the break-through.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So you don't care for the delivery. So what? The message is very simple and everyone knows that assuming anything about someone's real life attitude based on writing patterns and use of grammar means zilch. A simple response of "good for you" is sufficient, and why it's necessary to segue into an armchair analysis of the OP's character totally eludes me. But if it makes you feel good ...
I am glad for him but the poster needs humility, especially when his first reply was stating whiny babies.

Quote:
There is no message to be delivered. The OP claims he spent 8 years going to college, which is a very long time to get an undergraduate and a masters in the field claimed. There is no message and nothing simple or useful about it. For someone who claims to be an engineer and has two college degrees, he lacks the writing skills demonstrated in his postings to convince me he has achieved anything he claims. The OP very simply is a troll, and created this new account just to upset others. Trolls are people who have mental health issues:
It's possible to do eight years based on going part time or doing 12 credits at say a community college and then going to a state university. However that wouldn't exactly jib with the debt the OP took on as community college is MUCH cheaper.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:16 AM

139 posts, read 250,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am glad for him but the poster needs humility, especially when his first reply was stating whiny babies.
The "whiney babies" I'm talking about are the people that come on here talking about how they want more money and better working conditions, yet never seem to do anything to earn more. They just come on here and complain as though they are entitled to more, more, more.

Quote:
It's possible to do eight years based on going part time or doing 12 credits at say a community college and then going to a state university.
I worked a full time job during most of my college career. That's why it took longer.

Quote:
However that wouldn't exactly jib with the debt the OP took on as community college is MUCH cheaper.
I never listed my student loan debt, so how would you know?

Old 12-10-2014, 10:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,264 times
OP, you're not that special. Quit being a d!ck to those less fortunate by rubbing your moderate success in their faces.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Post reminds me of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 AM

101 posts, read 141,140 times
OP you should just post your w2. Take a picture of the w2 and put a piece of paper with your CD username, just blackout your personal info. That will prove you're not bs people.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:23 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Quote:
But I tend not to believe your post because it's real grand-standing to try to make a point, but fails to make that point. People don't go from min wage directly to a $100K a year job,
Actually here in Silicon Valley it can be done, but usually for software engineers, not electrical engineers (software is king around here). So in and of itself, his claim is not unusual for this area, although the $100k number might be pushing it. I don't keep up with salaries for software folks, but I've heard $70k - $80k is an average starting salary for a fresh college grad ... .Maybe someone else from the Bay Area can corroborate. I myself am a Unix/Linux sysadmin... I've got a friend who is a Senior software programmer (30 years experience) and he makes $160k

Old 12-10-2014, 12:44 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
I got an electrical engineering degree. If you want more money, learn some skills that are actually in demand.
I love all of the people on here who make $100K+ GTFO your moms basement and stop trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment