Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:58 PM

188 posts, read 193,192 times

Advertisements

That don't require college, or any education.
Example - oil rigger - $100k (after you move up the ranks)
Waiter - $9 an hour plus $15 an hour in tips = $24 ish an hour = $50k a year.
Fixing computers can pay $20 an hour with a few years of experience.

Those are the ones that I know of.
With just a high school, can also enlist in the military or become a police officer.

There's real estate agent but I'm not a pro at selling things.
There's insurance agent but again I don't know how good of a professional salesperson I am.

There's the trades, but I believe those require you to know someone to get an apprenticeship.

College is great I just don't have the money, and I'm sure other people don't either, to finish it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 04:08 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,403,413 times
How about nuclear reactor diver -- Dangerous Diving Jobs | Scuba Diving

Old 08-17-2015, 04:24 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,945 times
This is WITH education...my younger brother just graduated college. He will be making 6 digits his first year out of college with 0 experience. This is what he will be doing - 2015 Management Consulting Salaries

Also, his salary/bonus/etc is higher than the website

Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,919,683 times
Why would you make a thread about entry level jobs, then the first job you list is "after you move up the ranks?" Lol

Old 08-18-2015, 05:34 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,081,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballdude39 View Post
That don't require college, or any education.
Example - oil rigger - $100k (after you move up the ranks)
Waiter - $9 an hour plus $15 an hour in tips = $24 ish an hour = $50k a year.
Fixing computers can pay $20 an hour with a few years of experience.

Those are the ones that I know of.
With just a high school, can also enlist in the military or become a police officer.

There's real estate agent but I'm not a pro at selling things.
There's insurance agent but again I don't know how good of a professional salesperson I am.

There's the trades, but I believe those require you to know someone to get an apprenticeship.

College is great I just don't have the money, and I'm sure other people don't either, to finish it.
30+ years ago over the course of two years I got an Associates Degree in Nursing at a local community college. The cost was very reasonable and still is. Within two years I was an R.N. making a very good salary at that time which I could live on as well as fund my further education. Entry level R.N.'s with the same education I that I had when I started make a starting salary today around $60,000. Do continue your research as there are a number of professions especially within healthcare that education costs are reasonable with length of study is 2 years or under.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:35 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,546,021 times
Professional sports no degree needed... make millions the first year
Quote:
Do continue your research as there are a number of professions especially within healthcare that education costs are reasonable with length of study is 2 years or under.
healthcare employers also help pay for many their employees to go back to school too

Old 08-18-2015, 06:01 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,292,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
Why would you make a thread about entry level jobs, then the first job you list is "after you move up the ranks?" Lol
Agreed.

Also - to me, a job that doesn't require a degree doesn't automatically mean its "entry level". And just because it's entry level doesn't mean it won't require a degree.

If the OP is looking for something that has a low barrier of entry with high pay:
Top 15 Jobs That Require Little or No Experience

I'd say the highest paid would be to go into the military or LE. Both not only have little prerequisites (albeit many police forces now actually want at least an associates), but also provide training that can help establish a career later on. The benefits are also not bad. The down side is your work/life balance is fairly non-existent.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:49 AM

749 posts, read 2,455,691 times
Oil, sales, or learn how to day trade.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:41 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,818,906 times
Realtor! They have less training requirements than hairdressers!

Old 08-19-2015, 06:49 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Realtor! They have less training requirements than hairdressers!
The average realtor barely makes a living at it. The parteo principle is true in real estate; 20% of the agents make 80% of the sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment