Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 08:08 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times

Advertisements

I already work from home for fairly long hours. However, since my father is living with me and needs supervision, I'm stuck in the house a lot, and I've been thinking I could make a little extra cash by picking up another work-from-home gig that doesn't require a lot of hours. I've heard people talk about watching videos online for money or writing reviews for money or whatever. I'm kind of assuming these gigs are myths floating around the internet like urban legends.

But on the off chance, has anyone here done any of that and how did it work out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,391 times
Remember that old saying? "If it sounds too good to be true...........". A lot and I mean a lot of these video watching, email reading, email sending, writing reviews are scam jobs. If there are legit ones, it's going to be very hard to make any real money. Remember, there is no such thing as easy money. If making money was easy, we all would do it and not work. Most of these are even shadier than MLM and Network Marketing. At least most MLM have a product or service that is sold for money.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:17 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
I make a little extra money but it's seriously little money. Like, you can let this app run on a phone or tablet and it will just run by itself and make you around $5/month:

Perk TV

Perk has other apps, too. They're based in Austin TX.

The other things I do on sites require you to click on things or do surveys, but I'm talking about getting 2 cents for clicking every few minutes - so you have to be sitting there noticing when the ad is done to click to the next one. Or there are surveys that can take from 5 - 30 minutes, and pay a maximum of $3.00 LOL, and most of them pay less than $1.00.

For someone as low income as me, who is retired, it gives me something to do and pays for my internet, basically. But, if I was young and making good money, I wouldn't bother as my time would be worth so much more.

If you want to find out about these, you can DM me.

I did see somewhere on the internet recently, some jobs listed for people to write posts for blogs. Not sure where I saw it, but maybe you could search with the term blog post writer, something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment