Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:00 PM

199 posts, read 294,594 times

Advertisements

Alright I need some help
In some interview questions how can I response if someone asks me if I can work weekends and nights?
And I absolutely don't want to?
Probably the Super Rare Occasion yea sure But I do not want this as the norm.
I have this issue where I keep quitting jobs since they do not respect personal time off and I keep fighting to tell them to leave me alone on the weekend and wait until Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 06:05 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
unemployment a good word

Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
What kind of job? If it is a restaurant or retail, or some business that is open at night and on weekends, don't plan on getting hired if you are unwilling. If it is truly occasionally, then suck it up, and do it when needed.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:07 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeley_Ramirez View Post
Alright I need some help
In some interview questions how can I response if someone asks me if I can work weekends and nights?
I have this issue where I keep quitting jobs since they do not respect personal time off and I keep fighting to tell them to leave me alone on the weekend and wait until Monday.
If you absolutely don't want to, then tell them you absolutely don't want to. You may greatly narrow your chances of getting a job, but if you don't want to, that's your choice. You're gonna have to try to get some kind of bank, state job where standard hours are Monday-Friday.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:08 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
You have a couple of options:
1) Be honest in the interview about what you prefer
2) Apply for work at businesses that aren't open nights or weekends.

I'd suggest option #2 in your case. If you just want to work 9-5, from Mon-Fri, it doesn't make any sense to apply for a job at the local 24-hour convenience store. Do you see what I mean?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:12 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
What to say so you don't have to work nights/weekends if the job requires it?

"I quit".

Old 11-10-2015, 06:28 PM

199 posts, read 294,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
You have a couple of options:
1) Be honest in the interview about what you prefer
2) Apply for work at businesses that aren't open nights or weekends.

I'd suggest option #2 in your case. If you just want to work 9-5, from Mon-Fri, it doesn't make any sense to apply for a job at the local 24-hour convenience store. Do you see what I mean?
That makes sense
I am an Admin Assistant
The last places I work at were at a hospital, a retail office, a fast food factory, and a 24 Hour Call Center

All of these places were open 24 hours a day.

I really had no idea what was critical of my last position that needed me to be call on a Saturday while with my boyfriend on a date it was annoying and most of what my bosses were asking me sounded more like it can wait until Monday

Old 11-10-2015, 07:08 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,007,728 times
Quote:
Alright I need some help
Find a company that is open Mon-Fri 8-5 only.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:10 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,007,728 times
Quote:
That makes sense
I am an Admin Assistant
The last places I work at were at a hospital, a retail office, a fast food factory, and a 24 Hour Call Center

All of these places were open 24 hours a day.

I really had no idea what was critical of my last position that needed me to be call on a Saturday while with my boyfriend on a date it was annoying and most of what my bosses were asking me sounded more like it can wait until Monday
Forget the weekend business, I wouldn't hire you based on your work history.

That's a lot of jobs...I hope you're in your sixties and not your twenties..............

Old 11-10-2015, 07:28 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,130 times
Just tell them up front you are looking for days, no weekends only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment