Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:52 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
..and posted about it on Facebook.

Am I insensitive to think this is a little over the top?

Mod comment: Folks, please remember that this is not the Politics forum. Keep your political commentary to yourself. Off-topic posts have been deleted.
Yes it's immature and uncalled for. Others had to pick up her responsibilities while she was gone. There was no true illness in which she couldn't make it to work. Just the sopping over an undesirable outcome.

The same can be seen when your favorite sport's team loses.

Of course the media blew up the publics expectations of Hillary winning due. As with anything when you think you can't lose, and you do, it hurts.

So we can blame our media for this behavior as well as our current riots mostly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 08:56 PM

658 posts, read 722,430 times
We actually have medication to give men boners they don't need but we're not allowed to take a day off for our own psychological well being? Health priorities.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:58 PM

658 posts, read 722,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes it's immature and uncalled for. Others had to pick up her responsibilities while she was gone. There was no true illness in which she couldn't make it to work. Just the sopping over an undesirable outcome.

The same can be seen when your favorite sport's team loses.

Of course the media blew up the publics expectations of Hillary winning due. As with anything when you think you can't lose, and you do, it hurts.

So we can blame our media for this behavior as well as our current riots mostly.
So you should only use your earned and deserved PTO for something your co workers deem worthy? Like none of you ever took a day off because you drank too much or partied too late the night before?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:08 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes it's immature and uncalled for. Others had to pick up her responsibilities while she was gone. There was no true illness in which she couldn't make it to work.
Oh, c'mon!
You never took off a random day, for no good reason?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:34 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
..and posted about it on Facebook.

Mod comment: Folks, please remember that this is not the Politics forum. Keep your political commentary to yourself. Off-topic posts have been deleted.
If she is a minority, I can understand it. The rhetoric during the campaign was pretty bad, so minorities are feeling this election particularly in a way that whites aren't.

If she's white, she's just passionate about politics. Posting about it on Facebook...isn't that what Facebook is for? When I look at others' FB pages, they have politics all over it.

It's not a big deal, if someone wants to use a personal day for a political depression or upset. That's as valid as any other reason a person would get upset about. If you aren't into politics that much, it may seem silly to you. That's how I view football, when people come to the office angry or upset over a big football game.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:36 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
And this is why folks you don't friend anyone you work with in Facebook

Old 11-11-2016, 01:59 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
I think it was a stupid thing to do whether she is depressed or celebrating. But unless you are personal friends with her MYOB. If she gets in trouble it's her battle to fight.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:49 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Oh, c'mon!
You never took off a random day, for no good reason?
Yes, I have; but when I call in I say, "hey, I need a mental health day" not, I'm sick and then post something contradicting what I said.

we had people sobbing in the break room..they were told to cut it out or go home with an incident of absence...some went home.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:59 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,532 times
Quote:
Emotions are subjective, so you can perceive others' feelings differently than they can.

I am a pretty much non-emotional person. The election results have a strong potential to wreck me financially, way more than the average person.

I have a horrible physical and emotional sense of dread, similar to how I feel when someone I am close to dies. I have a hard time eating and sleeping. It is hard to concentrate.

I am telling you my story to help you understand that there are many ways to react emotionally to this news, and all are perfectly valid. Other people's emotions don't affect you--they only affect them. (Their behavioral response to feelings can obviously affect you, but the feelings themselves can't.)

Live and let live.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:27 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Day 2 after taking off after the election our co-worker still very cranky...won't talk to anyone.

This is the same person who gloated and rubbed it in our faces when Obama won..twice.

Of course if we say anything, we have been warned we could go to see HR.

So having lots of fun here walking on egg shells.

No wonder no one takes this guy seriously for his work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment