Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 11:57 AM

387 posts, read 360,851 times

Advertisements

uptight people: you're all the same. you think people who are not like you need to be punished for not being like you. what a boring world it would be if you always got your way.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:02 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,471,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
uptight people: you're all the same. you think people who are not like you need to be punished for not being like you. what a boring world it would be if you always got your way.
When I am paying a person I decide who I will want to hire, my money, my choice!

Old 12-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
When I am paying a person I decide who I will want to hire, my money, my choice!
that's fine. but it's also true you're uptight.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:28 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,608,681 times
So what is wrong with being 'uptight'? I wouldn't hire that person in a customer facing job either.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:32 PM

285 posts, read 263,219 times
My old therapist had guages, tattoos, and a nose piercing. Cussed too. Best damn therapist I've EVER had in my life and far better than the uptight "tattoos dont belong in the workplace" ones I've seen.

A guy I get my blood drawn from has tattoos and piercings. I've NEVER had someone draw blood from me as effectively as him, and I have difficult small veins that give blood clinics hell!

My doctor at PP has tattoos and she was the most polite woman I've met at a doctors office.

Bottom line is if they can do their job and the tattoos aren't offensive, like some white supremacy/racist/bigoted ****, then they shouldn't matter.

People like you are exactly WHY societal norms and **** exist. It isn't due to looking unprofessional. Due to people like you seeing that and immediately thinking it.

Now if someone comes in with a xenophobic tattoo with a swastika and a pot leaf, then I could see where you're coming from. But if its a tattoo, like my future one, that is for or about someone special and close to them then I don't see the problem.

But apparently dogs and cats can get offended by certain tattoos, so I have to get them somewhere they can be covered.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
So what is wrong with being 'uptight'? I wouldn't hire that person in a customer facing job either.
nothing wrong with it. it's just that uptight people are usually miserable, resentful, envious, and cowardly.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:42 PM

189 posts, read 177,075 times
Quote:
nothing wrong with it. it's just that uptight people are usually miserable, resentful, envious, and cowardly.
Evidence?

Old 12-09-2016, 12:42 PM

285 posts, read 263,219 times
Quote:
They're also usually very stuck up and rude as hell, thinking they're better than most.

My sources: My high schools golf team. ALL stuck up rich white kids, no respect for anyone else, and as uptight as their shorts.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:44 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,119,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeachez View Post
So this woman came in for an interview and she has several tattoos on her neck and fingers/hands. Management was instantly turned off because of the tattoos. She looked like she belonged in a prison gang. This is a very professional finance office. I don't understand why people dont think about the consequence of getting tattoos in very visible areas.
Are they ok with hiring men with tattoos on their neck, fingers and hands? That would be a problem, IMO.

Generally, I don't mind tattoos, but ones on the face/neck or hands/fingers definitely give me pause. They are huge obstacle to overcome in many professional environment--and in many personal interactions.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:46 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,939,080 times
I think it's a remnant of the boomer management generation. I can see tattoos in the workplace being less an issue as the younger generations take the positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment