Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 06:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSweeney View Post
So much cruelty on here. Widowed lady with cancer and heart problems..."well(sniff!) she should get three jobs!" "Well! (Sniff!) she should lick my boots for a dime!"
I hope it happens to you.
Well there is about 270 responses to this thread and I haven't read all of them, but not one I read said "get three jobs" and certainly no one said "lick my boots".

Are you in the right thread?

Edit: Deconstruct the original thread and you get the real problem: She is a hard working lady who has had some bad luck - but the real issue appears to be that she lives with son, does not get along with son, wants to move out, but does not have the money to move out. Simple as that.
Otherwise she is not starving, she is not homeless, she is not unemployed, she has some family and friend support it appears...which makes her situation vastly superior to many others in the US that indeed are poor, invalid, alone, unemployed, mentally ill, etc.

Last edited by Dd714; 01-16-2017 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 07:46 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
So much cruelty on here. Widowed lady with cancer and heart problems..."well(sniff!) she should get three jobs!" "Well! (Sniff!) she should lick my boots for a dime!"
I don't believe anyone one has stated anything of the sort. The "negative" posts are aimed at the OP for his "America owes people a living just because they are breathing" attitude.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:10 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Her son is NOT a dependent. He is NOT relying on her income to support himself. She should NOT be paying for life insurance. If he is concerned about paying for her funeral expenses, then HE should take out a policy on her. Has nothing to do with "civility". The woman is BROKE. There are far more critical expenses here than a life insurance policy.
Yeah throw the darn kid who is generously allowing his mother to stay with him under the bus

For the price of a few cups of coffee, she could possibly return the favor by ensuring there was life insurance for when/if she passes away.
You DO KNOW that many jobs, especially the health field, offer VERY LOW rates for life, health and disability insurance just due to to the employer paying for all or the majority of it eh??

Especially considering she's already had two heart attacks recently, to forego such cheap life insurance (which usually comes with disability) makes no sense whatsoever

Insanity I tell ya!!! these crazy nuts on forums who never seem to get out an live life

Old 01-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't believe anyone one has stated anything of the sort. The "negative" posts are aimed at the OP for his "America owes people a living just because they are breathing" attitude.
Please stop the rants. It derails the thread and prevents others from being able to appropraitely help the OP.
Instead please add something positive to the thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:15 PM

Does anyone know what State the OP is from??

Old 01-16-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Most of the time, these are welfare recipients who are begrudging her the same benefits they receive.

Don't kid yourself. These people do not work. They sit on their fat behind gorging themselves and posting on CD all day long.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:32 PM

893 posts, read 510,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
The OP is way too invested mentally and monetary in this " friend"

At some point in the future, you will realize you got way too involved and lost months of your life that you never will get back.
He is just a caring person - and why shouldn't he be!
Perhaps the lady could get a live-in position being a companion to an elderly person.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:48 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
What your missing is:

For some of us, it already has!

Facts remained the same, you are "owed" a CHANCE at being happy.
Not happiness.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Yeah throw the darn kid who is generously allowing his mother to stay with him under the bus

For the price of a few cups of coffee, she could possibly return the favor by ensuring there was life insurance for when/if she passes away.
You DO KNOW that many jobs, especially the health field, offer VERY LOW rates for life, health and disability insurance just due to to the employer paying for all or the majority of it eh??

Especially considering she's already had two heart attacks recently, to forego such cheap life insurance (which usually comes with disability) makes no sense whatsoever

The woman WASTED many years of her life as a stay at home mom raising a LOSER !

Insanity I tell ya!!! these crazy nuts on forums who never seem to get out an live life
Here is what I ...."DO KNOW "...

Many of the CNA's in my town, a couple years ago , who are single didn't have any health insurance because despite the employer ...offering it....the employees portion is very steep.

From what I have read, this woman is doing her son just as big a favor as he is doing her.

He lives like a pig, needs mommy to clean up to keep the rats away, needs mommy to babysit his kids, needs mommy to help pay the electric ,loves to party a lot despite having a low paying job.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:44 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post

Yeah there are lots of crazy nuts here for sure.

Seriously? Not having a life insurance policy for her son that SHE is dependent upon, is throwing HIM under the bus? LOL!!! My point about life insurance is that she should not be paying for it as she has no one depending on her income. Honestly, given her situation, I don't see how you can advocate her paying for it. If the employer is paying for it (mine does) then that is fine, and it's quite possible that is the case. The OP has provided a lot of conflicting information; it's pretty clear that he really does not know the exact financial picture. He would be doing her a greater service to hire her a financial adviser for a couple of hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment