Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times

Advertisements

The sneaky HR peeps!

they will defend disciplinary action, and point to 4 words of an entire irrelevant paragraph, to support their position.

they interview you for a statement "with their questions", but refuse and wont even look at you pre written statement. your new written statement now becomes "answers from their manipulative questions. and they expect you to sign it.

they will leave out specific wording, only to bring it up somewhere else, like if we read a different language.

they wont base logic or care to learn and read the law, only how to twist the wording of their Employee Policy.

Actual Employee Policy, that is actually 250 pages long is condensed into 20 pages of the employee handbook, and those are the only rules you get . and you are told to sign it and believe it.

they can see , plain as day, that the same people are always complained against, the bosses pet, but they seem to keep their job, and the complainer mysteriously/coincidentally gets documented a week or so after. Usually for trumped up violation of a work rule.

the broken work rule, consists of random, half sentences, scattered around different pages of the Handbook.

When does the madness end? Do they get Hi 5s or slaps on the wrist? they should get cuffs on their wrist, but it never happens. the sneakiest connivers get promotions, only to teach the rest how to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 06:34 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
Oh, look, another HR bashing thread...

Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM

156 posts, read 123,953 times
HR should never be trusted. The HR will do as upper-management says not employees. I had to find that out the hard way.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM

901 posts, read 747,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Oh, look, another HR bashing thread...
Yup, and it is usually problem employees that always have an "issue" with HR

Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
OP, you mean the actual written words in the actual employee handbook? How dare they follow that!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
HR Manager here and I have to say Kapikap is figuring us out! I'm worried he may break the secret HR cabal if he delves much deeper.

We do get Hi 5's but not the traditional method, it's a super secret hand and finger positions only known to those that are "in".

I'm looking forward to MSChemist's contribution.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:32 AM

901 posts, read 747,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
HR Manager here and I have to say Kapikap is figuring us out! I'm worried he may break the secret HR cabal if he delves much deeper.

We do get Hi 5's but not the traditional method, it's a super secret hand and finger positions only known to those that are "in".

I'm looking forward to MSChemist's contribution.
Don't tell them that HR puts all the employee names in a hat and picks one out at random to decide a person to pick on for the day.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:53 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
Don't tell them that HR puts all the employee names in a hat and picks one out at random to decide a person to pick on for the day.
That's always a fun one, my favorite is policies in the hat and drawing one for absurd and valueless change.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
The sneaky HR peeps!

the broken work rule, consists of random, half sentences, scattered around different pages of the Handbook.

When does the madness end? Do they get Hi 5s or slaps on the wrist? they should get cuffs on their wrist, but it never happens. the sneakiest connivers get promotions, only to teach the rest how to do it.
A large part of their profession other than administering benefits and regulatory compliance is based on junk science so you can't expect consistency and predictability from something with no sound logical basis.

Right now I am in the midst of dealing with their trendy/trashy SMART goal based self rating performance appraisal system so I am particularly ill disposed towards HR right now. Frankly I rather polish charred organic crud off my GC/MS EI source than deal with HR crap.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:25 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
HR isn't there for the employees. Instead they're there just to protect the companies from lawsuits due to exploitation of the workforce and illegal activities and execute the "higher ups" sleazy behind the back corporate games.

Just a Horrible department universally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment